I Have a Heartbeat in my Eyelid

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: I Have a Heartbeat in my Eyelid

Post by GLCQuantum »

Thanks for the replies. Useful.

:cheers:

Heartbeat in Eyelid: Day 5

It's been worse today. More aggressive and annoying. A gay guy came and started chatting me up because he thought that I was winking at him.

Hopefully tomorrow will see the palpitations subside.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Apparently, it's a blepharospasm: (The power of Google!)

http://www.healthline.com/health/eyelid ... #Overview1
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Checkout "eyelid myokymia" and "blepharospasm", although as with all internet diagnoses the prognosis is always imminent death due to some sort of rare incurable condition that affects one person in every billion or cancer, so perhaps make the most of the opportunities that arise from your misfortune.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Whereas before there was just one point of movement on the upper eyelid, the epicenter of the twitch, if you will... there are now a few points on the upper eyelid and also at least one on the lower.

It also feels like there is something crawling behind my eyeball.

Edit: I think I just felt a twitch on the left, too. Melodramatic much? Me?

Nope.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Don't watch this http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/mo ... -parasite/

And don't read this (#1 and #2) http://abcnews.go.com/beta/Health/Welln ... d=11700175

And don't read this either https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocular_larva_migrans

And definitely do NOT watch this

Perhaps a trip to an eye doctor might be in order, before it's too late!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Switching on your phone so that people can talk to you might help. Sorry this is on open forum but sinking into the 'abyss' and blocking contact routes is not the answer.
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

I had a heart attack 3 years ago and after it had happened, I mentioned to my Dr that a few times in the months leading up to it I had the same thing as you have described happening in one of my neck arteries. I
could clearly see it happening in the mirror, but thought nothing of it. Apparently I was lucky that I lasted as long as I did without having a heart attack before.

After that, I got an upgrade on my health insurance that included payment for glasses. I had an eye test that included the normal tests along with the taking photos of my eyes to check for varying problems with my eyes and also health problems.

After the test was done, the 1st question the nurse asked was, did I have blood pressure and heart problems. Her reason for asking was that the photos/xrays that they had taken, showed up one of the veins in my eye was trapped, and the cause of that was high blood pressure/heart problems. If I had not have had the heart bypass she would have been sending my off to the hospital.
I had them retested a year ago and although an improvement was seen, it will never be 100% fixed.

So if you were to get an eye test done the same as I had, it might give you some idea if there is anything wrong with your eyes and/or your health.

I do have a similar problem, not on my eye lid but underneath my eye. So next time I go to the Dr I will ask if it is a problem that needs attention
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Thanks Chelsea, I will get it checked I think. Last night, it was really bad but this morning it's much better. Thing is... now my right ear has entirely closed up. No pain. Just completely deaf.

So whatever is crawling around in there seems to be working its way through my ear canal. After going through Frank Hovis' links, I've got this vision of a worm just popping out of my ear sometime.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

GLCQuantum wrote:Thing is... now my right ear has entirely closed up. No pain. Just completely deaf.
Stored "Spliff".....? :laugh:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Thing is... now my right ear has entirely closed up. No pain. Just completely deaf.
Have you used cotton buds lately? They tend to push the ear wax deeper into your ear causing this kind of closer. Buy some wax remover from a pharmacy and follow the instructions. It should be ok after a couple of days.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I think it has been there long enough for you to see the doctor. We can all guess as to what it might be and be completely wrong. The fact that its now in your ear makes me think it could be a ear infection or blocked with wax. If wax, it can be horrible with lots of creaking and tickly feelings.
Don't let your imagination run away and conjure up things like worms in your head.
The doctor will simply have a look in your ear......they can see right down the canal with their ear stethoscope. Also if your ear is blocked with wax it can cause problem with eyes.
I don't think just an examination of the ear to see whats going on locally will cost much . Lets hope it sorts out soon.

either. Just
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Try Chinese ear candles to remove any debris and wax.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

pharvey wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:Thing is... now my right ear has entirely closed up. No pain. Just completely deaf.
Stored "Spliff".....? :laugh:
Some of you really do think I'm stupid. A 'Stored Spliff'?Image my ear? :roll:

The emergency joint goes above my ear.

I have a long weekend of nothingness anyway, so I'm gonna get my eyes and ears checked tomorrow, smoke my emergency spliff, then try to find a new contact in my new place of residence. If all goes pear shaped (blindness, deafness, arrest, robbery, sold basil...) it will, I'm sure make for another thread on Monday.

No news is bad news if your're in the 'news' game after all.

:cheers:
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Good luck with the test. Try to refrain from any emergency stuff as you want to give yourself a bit if a clear head.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Yeah, better safe than sorry mate - hope all goes well.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.