I Have a Heartbeat in my Eyelid

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Re: I Have a Heartbeat in my Eyelid

Post by Frank Hovis »

So what's the score GLCQ?

Eyeball eating worms? Impending heart failure? Stress? Late onset tourettes?
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Frank Hovis wrote:So what's the score GLCQ?

Eyeball eating worms? Impending heart failure? Stress? Late onset tourettes?
'Late onset'? I doubt that...
:duck:
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I hope you are feeling better as do others also on this forum.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

is your twitch like this?

I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Unfortunately, for readers, everything's fine... nothing exciting to announce. The doctor said it was all due to the stress of turning 32 yesterday. :mrgreen:
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Glad to hear you're OK.

I wouldn't wish eyeball eating worms on anyone, especially not someone who may have to make do with a bit of a quack type doctor, in a run down clinic, who may have paid for his qualifications rather than earning them and doesn't really know how to look for eyeball eating worms properly and just puts everything he doesn't understand down to stress as way to assuage the fears of his patients. :twisted:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

I wouldn't wish eyeball eating worms on anyone, especially not someone who may have to make do with a bit of a quack type doctor, in a run down clinic, who may have paid for his qualifications rather than earning them and doesn't really know how to look for eyeball eating worms properly and just puts everything he doesn't understand down to stress as way to assuage the fears of his patients.
I'll have you know that this doctor was a straight-shooter. He examined my eye thoroughly, and didn't needlessly give me medication for something that wasn't a serious issue. He didn't even charge for the eye exam, would you believe.

He then gave me 12 different pills to take four times a day to alleviate the stress.

Nice bloke. Certainly didn't seem a 'quack' as you should so put it. :wink:
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Time will tell ... :naughty: (there isn't a "twitchy eyelid due to eyeball eating worms" smiley so that's as good as it gets)
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Frank Hovis wrote:Time will tell ... :naughty: (there isn't a "twitchy eyelid due to eyeball eating worms" smiley so that's as good as it gets)
:lach:

:cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Fair play - glad it all turned out well.

32.... yep, remember that.... just! Seem to remember having to get a letter from the doctor to say I was an alcoholic and required a certain amount of alcohol each day (for medicinal purposes you understand) - I was working in a "dry state" in India at the time!! The Kingfisher and Old Monk Rum also seemed to work well on the stress.... :wink:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

32.... yep, remember that.... just! Seem to remember having to get a letter from the doctor to say I was an alcoholic and required a certain amount of alcohol each day (for medicinal purposes you understand)
Yup - my 30's have been somewhat similar (with some added sugar and spice). But then again, my 20's were the same... as were my teens. I'm beginning to wonder if my past has anything at all to do with why I'm falling apart.

Then I go and have a little check on my 'canary in the coal mine' and I breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that physically I've still got plenty of years left in me.

:cheers:
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Glad your ok. Its when you cant feel your heart beat in your eyelid or pulse, that
is the time to worry
:wink:
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Just a tic sweet pea. Take more weed with it!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
eatme.sandwich
Novice
Novice

Post by eatme.sandwich »

Just to be safe go have a REAL eye test, but dont goto any of the street opticians as they are not qualified as optometrists you need to go to the hospital for a proper eye test. I recently had a floater in one eye and i went to the Bangkok Hospital here in HuaHin. I was expecting it to cost a lot but full eye test including Dilation (bring sunglasses to get home!) i was in there for about 1 hour and it only cost about 600baht (which is about half the price i would pay back home) plus the test was not done with the idea of selling me glasses afterwards. Many opticians shops do tweak the prescription to try and persuade you to buy new glasses i know i worked in the industry for 8 years!
davefranco
Novice
Novice

Post by davefranco »

In some communities it signal of some bad shit is gonna happen with you.