Dog Bite [Long and Boring]

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Dog Bite [Long and Boring]

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, I kept the card with the vaccination details, so if it happens again I'll take that along to the hospital and they can decide what further shots are required.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

STEVE G wrote:Yes, I kept the card with the vaccination details, so if it happens again I'll take that along to the hospital and they can decide what further shots are required.
They will always take the easy and no risk option. You will get another full set of jabs. withiut costly tests they have no certainty of your resistance. As far as I am aware there is no detriment to over treatment and the doctor can not be wrong!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

Got my last Rabies vaccination today at the local clinic. It was a bit of a yuck because no one seemed to remember me. Maybe it's an all-new team. Eventually one of the clerks came by with his phone so he could use it to translate questions from Thai to English. I decided to go along and answered each question in Thai until he got the drift that actually using Thai would probably be quicker than using the phone.

It transpired that they couldn't find my records because the vaccination card that I gave them only has my first and middle names on it, a Cha Am Hospital mistake. Then they asked for my house number which I gave. It seems they actual medical folders are filed by house number while the computer records are by surname. They located the file for my house number, but it only had the records for my step-daughter who, ironically, also had rabies shots about five years ago.

Eventually they found my record in the to-be-filed bin where, I guess, it has sat for the past two weeks. After that it was smooth sailing. I went right in to see the nurse. She was aorried that I was a day early (I'm headed to the USA tomorrow so won't have time), but the doctor approved.

Oddly, I had to pay 340 baht this time. Last time was free. I suppose I'll never find out why.

And thus ends another enormously educational Thailand experience.