Dental Crown for a child

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
nellyp

Dental Crown for a child

Post by nellyp »

My 8 year old son needs a crown. Does anybody know a good dentist and how much it will cost?
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by Takiap »

Not sure about the cost, but I can certainly recommend the dentist located a few meters before soi 6, on your left if heading north. Her place is located between the PTT filling station and soi 6. I've recommended her to several people and they have all been very pleased.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

Takiap wrote:Not sure about the cost, but I can certainly recommend the dentist located a few meters before soi 6, on your left if heading north. Her place is located between the PTT filling station and soi 6. I've recommended her to several people and they have all been very pleased.

Thank you very much. i will look into it. Does she speak English? If not I will need to get the wife to talk to her. I think I will go to a few to have them look at his tooth as I want to know if he really needs a ctrown. The dentist in Sisaket said they could not take a tooth out if it was a child. That seems a bit odd, but I'm not a dentist
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

I am curious, is it his first teeth or adult teeth?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If you're looking at a few, I'd recommend Perfect Smile across from Salesian School. You will not find a bigger baby than me at the dentist. I had quite a few hours work done this year, and they were brilliant with me. Speak perfect English too.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

RCer wrote:I am curious, is it his first teeth or adult teeth?
I don't think you get adult teeth at age 8!!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Dannie Boy wrote:
You wouldn't put a crown on a baby tooth for G's sake. Something is wrong with the translation here. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Thats why I asked.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

prcscct wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:
You wouldn't put a crown on a baby tooth for G's sake. Something is wrong with the translation here. Pete :cheers:
Adult teeth come in at 6 years on average.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

nellyp wrote:My 8 year old son needs a crown. Does anybody know a good dentist and how much it will cost?
Post a picture of the tooth.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dundrillin wrote:
nellyp wrote:My 8 year old son needs a crown. Does anybody know a good dentist and how much it will cost?
Post a picture of the tooth.
Well you're an ex-dentist so who am I to argue, but I always thought it was more like 10-11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

nellyp wrote:
Takiap wrote:Not sure about the cost, but I can certainly recommend the dentist located a few meters before soi 6, on your left if heading north. Her place is located between the PTT filling station and soi 6. I've recommended her to several people and they have all been very pleased.

Thank you very much. i will look into it. Does she speak English? If not I will need to get the wife to talk to her. I think I will go to a few to have them look at his tooth as I want to know if he really needs a ctrown. The dentist in Sisaket said they could not take a tooth out if it was a child. That seems a bit odd, but I'm not a dentist

Yes, she speaks very good English, and she has shown before that she is also honest, so she won't recommended anything that is not really needed.

Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

Thanks everyone. The tooth is a baby tooth, which I thought would be no problem to remove, but I'm not a dentist either.

#Dundrillin# I will post a picture when they get back from Sisaket. is it normal to have a crown at such a young age?
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

If a back baby tooth is removed too soon i.e. they usually fall out between 10/12 years then the first permanent molar will moved forward causing the permanent teeth that are still to erupt to be crowded. A few years ago it was good practice to place a preformed stainless steel crown over the defective baby tooth hoping to keep it in situ till it was due to fall out.

As an aside it was known as the Hall technique after Mrs Hall who was a dentist in Keith in the Scottish Highlands.
DrFeelgood
Novice
Novice

Post by DrFeelgood »

why don't you look into a good pediatric dentist..someone more specialized with kids