Dental Crown for a child

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
nellyp
Member
Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Dental Crown for a child

Post by nellyp » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:23 pm

My 8 year old son needs a crown. Does anybody know a good dentist and how much it will cost?

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3313
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Bo Fai

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by Takiap » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:22 am

Not sure about the cost, but I can certainly recommend the dentist located a few meters before soi 6, on your left if heading north. Her place is located between the PTT filling station and soi 6. I've recommended her to several people and they have all been very pleased.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

nellyp
Member
Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by nellyp » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:39 pm

Takiap wrote:Not sure about the cost, but I can certainly recommend the dentist located a few meters before soi 6, on your left if heading north. Her place is located between the PTT filling station and soi 6. I've recommended her to several people and they have all been very pleased.

:cheers:
Thank you very much. i will look into it. Does she speak English? If not I will need to get the wife to talk to her. I think I will go to a few to have them look at his tooth as I want to know if he really needs a ctrown. The dentist in Sisaket said they could not take a tooth out if it was a child. That seems a bit odd, but I'm not a dentist

RCer
Guru
Guru
Posts: 773
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by RCer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:09 pm

I am curious, is it his first teeth or adult teeth?

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 30389
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by Big Boy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:24 pm

If you're looking at a few, I'd recommend Perfect Smile across from Salesian School. You will not find a bigger baby than me at the dentist. I had quite a few hours work done this year, and they were brilliant with me. Speak perfect English too.
League 1 - Plymouth Argyle....0 Oxford....4 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Points 14; Position 23

User avatar
Dannie Boy
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4579
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm
Location: Closer to Cha Am than Hua Hin

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by Dannie Boy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:48 pm

RCer wrote:I am curious, is it his first teeth or adult teeth?
I don't think you get adult teeth at age 8!!

User avatar
PeteC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 20720
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:58 am
Location: All Blacks training camp

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by PeteC » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:54 pm

Dannie Boy wrote:
RCer wrote:I am curious, is it his first teeth or adult teeth?
I don't think you get adult teeth at age 8!!
You wouldn't put a crown on a baby tooth for G's sake. Something is wrong with the translation here. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source

RCer
Guru
Guru
Posts: 773
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by RCer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:54 pm

Thats why I asked.

dundrillin
Guru
Guru
Posts: 560
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:06 am
Location: huahin

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by dundrillin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:27 pm

prcscct wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:
RCer wrote:I am curious, is it his first teeth or adult teeth?
I don't think you get adult teeth at age 8!!
You wouldn't put a crown on a baby tooth for G's sake. Something is wrong with the translation here. Pete :cheers:
Adult teeth come in at 6 years on average.

dundrillin
Guru
Guru
Posts: 560
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:06 am
Location: huahin

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by dundrillin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:28 pm

nellyp wrote:My 8 year old son needs a crown. Does anybody know a good dentist and how much it will cost?
Post a picture of the tooth.

User avatar
Dannie Boy
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4579
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm
Location: Closer to Cha Am than Hua Hin

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by Dannie Boy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:41 pm

dundrillin wrote:
nellyp wrote:My 8 year old son needs a crown. Does anybody know a good dentist and how much it will cost?
Post a picture of the tooth.
Well you're an ex-dentist so who am I to argue, but I always thought it was more like 10-11


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3313
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Bo Fai

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by Takiap » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:30 am

nellyp wrote:
Takiap wrote:Not sure about the cost, but I can certainly recommend the dentist located a few meters before soi 6, on your left if heading north. Her place is located between the PTT filling station and soi 6. I've recommended her to several people and they have all been very pleased.

:cheers:
Thank you very much. i will look into it. Does she speak English? If not I will need to get the wife to talk to her. I think I will go to a few to have them look at his tooth as I want to know if he really needs a ctrown. The dentist in Sisaket said they could not take a tooth out if it was a child. That seems a bit odd, but I'm not a dentist

Yes, she speaks very good English, and she has shown before that she is also honest, so she won't recommended anything that is not really needed.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

nellyp
Member
Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by nellyp » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks everyone. The tooth is a baby tooth, which I thought would be no problem to remove, but I'm not a dentist either.

#Dundrillin# I will post a picture when they get back from Sisaket. is it normal to have a crown at such a young age?

dundrillin
Guru
Guru
Posts: 560
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:06 am
Location: huahin

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by dundrillin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:57 pm

If a back baby tooth is removed too soon i.e. they usually fall out between 10/12 years then the first permanent molar will moved forward causing the permanent teeth that are still to erupt to be crowded. A few years ago it was good practice to place a preformed stainless steel crown over the defective baby tooth hoping to keep it in situ till it was due to fall out.

As an aside it was known as the Hall technique after Mrs Hall who was a dentist in Keith in the Scottish Highlands.

DrFeelgood
Novice
Novice
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Re: Dental Crown for a child

Post by DrFeelgood » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:20 pm

why don't you look into a good pediatric dentist..someone more specialized with kids

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests