Prostate Medicine

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
brianhuahin
Amateur
Amateur

Prostate Medicine

Post by brianhuahin »

Any one know of a pharmacy that can supply Duodart a drug to reduce the size of the Prostate.

Regards
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Re: Prostate Medicine

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Not sure where to get this drug but you should supplement on Lycopene. I believe you can get it in Boots. They say it can help with prostate problems and worst scenario, it won’t do you any harm.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

You can reduce the size of your prostate gland with saw palmetto. It's been proven to as effective as Proscar and with no side effects. Lycopene is a prostate cancer preventative and a supplement for healthy vision. It's best to get a Saw Palmetto formula that also contains, zinc, bee pollen, lycopene and pygeum. Look at iherb.com, search for prostate formulas and pick the one with the most stars and best reviews. All drugs have side effects and prostate drugs will dampen your libido.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

As an added bonus, Saw Palmetto is dead easy to grow in your garden as long as it is not in full sun. Quite a common ingredient in Isaan food.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
dragonseeker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dragonseeker »

I was prescribed Xatral XL at Sao Paolo hospital. I am led to understand that it works on the muscles around the prostate rather than the prostate gland itself. I had recurrent bladder infections and the diagnosis was an enlarged prostate blocking the complete emptying of the bladder. Since taking this drug for four months I have had no further bladder infections. I purchased it at the pharmacy on the main road near to the night market street at 1200 Baht for 30 pills. After three months of this I visited Red Cross near Tesseban and the doctor there changed it to Doxazosin Mesylate 4mg (Carsaxin) which has the same effect and is much cheaper. NO erectile disfunction side effects with either of these.
brianhuahin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by brianhuahin »

Hey Dragonseeker

Any possibility of a GPS address of the pharmacy.
Thanks for the info. I think I will visit the Urologist you mentioned, mine is good but in Petcharat Hospital so some what inconvenient.

Regards Brian
dragonseeker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dragonseeker »

Can't help with a GPS. I am a phone less pedestrian. If you are in the main street Petchkasem by the Clock Tower, walk North for a few minutes on the Left side. Just before the night market street is the pharmacy. I chose it because the products have the prices marked.
brianhuahin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by brianhuahin »

Should be able to find with those details.
Thank-you
Brian