sleeping pills

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
PAINTER01

sleeping pills

Post by PAINTER01 »

Flew back to UK last week (with eva air both legs fantastic) on the recommendation of a "friend" in HH he said go to the pharmacy and get some sleeping pills helps you sleep if you have a bad flight.
Got said blue pills from pucka pharmacy and asked the girl how many to take. She said between 1-2 no booze and not 3, any way got on the flight back home empty rear of plane so stretched out on 3 seats. Took 2 of the pills and got my head down. Woke up 9 hours later and it felt as if I had had just a 5 minute nap, absolutly fantastic. I,ve been looking for the packet for my return trip after xmas.

Could not recommend them enough.

Painter
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Blue Plills? In my expirience use Melatonin works just as good. and it's not addictive too. When I came to the USA it was evening and I had a pil of Melatonin and the next day I woke up fresh and rested.
sorry I can't help you waht the Blue Pils are. you should try Melatomim too.
The understudy!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

The understudy wrote:Blue Plills? In my expirience use Melatonin works just as good. and it's not addictive too. When I came to the USA it was evening and I had a pil of Melatonin and the next day I woke up fresh and rested.
sorry I can't help you waht the Blue Pils are. you should try Melatomim too.
The understudy!
I used to use Melatonin all the time and was an inprovement especially on my monthly eight time zone arctic crossings. However is is an illegal substance in many countries for some reason that I never discovered.

The blues pills, which are not so good as the lilac ones for me, work well but I would never take them on an aircraft unless I had already nabbed my three of four seats to lie down on.

By sleeping sitting up in cramped conditions for period like 9 hours significantly increases the chance of DVT. Two hours is the absolute maximun time that one should sit stilll. Ideally you should get up every hour, avoid alcohol and drink plenty of water.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Thank you Guess by sharing your Positive expiriences with Melatonin! I have no clue why certain countries find Melatonin an Illegal substance. Does this also include Thailand?
Ahh can't wait to be back in Hua Hin Again!!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

I don't know it is just that I was told that in the US that I must take care when flying to the UK and best bet was just to take a few concealed ready for the return trip.

I am just going to send one of my girls dow to the pharmacy. I will get her ask.

If the sell them to a Thai then they are legal.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
PAINTER01

SLEEPING PILLS

Post by PAINTER01 »

Just found the little buggers, name on the back say's
"XIEMED 1.0"
Alprazolam 1.0 mg
Reg No P1A 053/2542
Colour is light blue

Wish I had brought more home, when the in laws come round for dinner guess whos's serving the drinks :shock:
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Post by PeteB »

If a Yorkshireman puts his hand in his pocket - fret not!
He'll just be checking his ferret.
PAINTER01

Post by PAINTER01 »

Thanks for the link Pete,

Best not give the in laws the pills, I don't care much for prison food.

From reading the info I'm a bit confused, are my and all "sleeping" pill's sedatives but only induce sleeping when the dose is exceeded?

Painter
duan

Post by duan »

I've just returned to Europe from HH and my neighbour on the flight kindly offered me one of his sleeping pills which he swore by. I had already consumed a fair amount of booze which usually works for me so I politely declined and was very glad I had done so when my neighbour threw up and nearly affixiated himself about 30 minutes after falling asleep. Fortunately I escaped unscathed.
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Post by PeteB »

Hi Painter,

I'm no expert on this one, but I'm sure that someone will know the answer. From experience (not mine but people I have known) this is always a dangerous area to get in to.

Cheers

Peter
If a Yorkshireman puts his hand in his pocket - fret not!
He'll just be checking his ferret.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

PAINTER01 wrote:Thanks for the link Pete,

Best not give the in laws the pills, I don't care much for prison food.

From reading the info I'm a bit confused, are my and all "sleeping" pill's sedatives but only induce sleeping when the dose is exceeded?

Painter
From the link Pete included, your sleeping pills are anti-anxiety drugs. It sounds as if they do have a sedative effect. All medicines have side effects and contra-indications & it's always wise to acquaint yourself with these. For instance, these have a depressive effect, which is one of the reasons you shouldn't mix with alcohol (its a depressant, as well) or use if you have depressive tendencies. If given a new drug, by your GP or pharmacy, I'd recommend looking it up on the net or in the equivalent of the BNF (British National Fomulary) which is updated every year & is the book medical staff in UK use.
BTW sedative to a certain extent is the same as a sleeping pill. You can get mild sedation (drowsiness & loss of inhibitions) to complete loss of cosciousness
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

A little pill, given to me by my Mum years ago on a direct flight from Heathrow to Singapore, made me sleepy.
I don't see what the issue is. I wanted to sleep and I did. Woke up without a "hangover" and got on to BKK.
Best flight I ever had.
tonychang

Post by tonychang »

Go into any pharmacy in HH and ask for 'xanax' . This is the generic name for 'alprazolam' though you may be given the same thing with a different name but will still say 'alprazolam' somewhere on the packet.
I have never had any trouble getting it from any pharmacy in HH. I've been to them all and they understand what you are asking for.
Comes in a strip of ten, usually in 1 mg but watchout for 0.5 mg packs aswell.
Think I paid about 180bt for strip of ten 1mg from those posher pharmacys near the hilton but price was starting to go up so may be a bit more these days.
Cant buy over the counter in farangland though, have to be perscribed by a doctor.
PAINTER01

Post by PAINTER01 »

I paid 150 for pack of 10 1.0mg from the pharmacy opp Hilton