Hi There to HH

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
StuartandFon
Rookie
Rookie

Hi There to HH

Post by StuartandFon »

Hi,

Myself and my Thai wife will be visiting HH repeatedly over the next few months with the aim of moving there in 6-12 months. I am British 38yo, my wife is Thai 28yo and we have been married for 7 years now. I love football, playing or watching and my wife loves dance and cooking. We are keen to make friends with other ex pats and will probably be asking a few questions about life in HH. Hope you don't mind!
StuartandFon
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hi There to HH

Post by StuartandFon »

Oh dear, 93 views and no one replies:-(
We are very friendly honestly! Keen to make friends with couples or single guys would be fine too.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK Stuart, I'll start on the football front. Your local football team will be Hua Hin City, and we have an active Farang Supporters Facebook Page - why not sign up for the latest news. There is a Div 1 club about 70 miles down the road at Prachuap, but quite frankly the fans are animals, and literally ran onto the pitch and took chunks out of the Hua Hin players the last time they played. Worse still, they were led in the attack by their Chairman :? .

If you like playing football, it will be 6 or 7 aside. Your best bet will be to go down to the X-Plode arena on Soi 10 at 7pm on a Saturday - it's a bit of an open house. Ask for Colin - he'll welcome you, and if you're any good, you'll be in the team pretty quickly.

Questions - feel free to ask, there's a wealth of experience on this forum.

I don't dance, and I'm not allowed in the kitchen to cook :wink: , so can't help you there.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StuartandFon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StuartandFon »

Thank you so much BigBoy, that is fantastic information. Had a look at the football club, but will definitely try out for the team. Happy to watch if I cant join!
My wife will have to dance at home then until we find classes!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Actually, my son knows a belly dance teacher, who is very well thought of if your wife is interested. She teaches on a Tuesday morning about 10 til 12 I think.

Let me know, and I can put you in touch.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StuartandFon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StuartandFon »

That would be a new area for her, she teaches traditional Thai dance and goes to Zumba (or something like that), but I will let her know!
Thank you anyway!
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Don't get put off by lots of views and few responses. There is a huge amount of information on the forum and specific questions will usually get a sensible response. It is the low season at the moment and not only tourists but many of the more affluent retired community are in Europe for the summer. Once you get here (actually there because I am at work abroad and only spend 3 months in six in Hua Hin) and start to mix you will soon be able to keep yourself active.
You will find that you fit in between the majority of older 'retired' long termers and the students but there are others in your younger age group. You will not be alone and I am sure it will not be long before you settle in.
StuartandFon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StuartandFon »

Thanks Gregjam, that is really helpful!
We love HH so we will settle into the area ok, but sure we are keen to make friends. I doubt very much we will make friends with students but hopefully the older community will be open to making friends with us.
Thanks again!
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Hi StuartandFon I know nowt about football and
even less about belly dancing, but I do know how to say, welcome to the forum. :cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
StuartandFon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StuartandFon »

Thank you Khundon, very much appreciated, hope we can meet up at some point!
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

hua hin is safe for people with common sense, has many UK people, sports bars everywhere and projectors set up at soi 88 food court during big games, many types of sports, bicycles, hiking, wind surfing, golf, some sort of new football? (sorry from the US) :) field in Khao Takiab to watch, True Arena with tennis, pool and big football? field and gym. Some bars for younger people in Binabaht to meet friends.

Some nice beaches to the south.

As for dancing there is at the Hilton (best on Saturday nights 23:30-02:00)

And all sort of Thai dancing going on from time to time at Wats around town with live music.

and you will be making friends with younger Thais with your wife and MANY Thai places with live music every night.

and don't over look Cha Am and Pran Buri.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
StuartandFon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StuartandFon »

Hi James,
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply in such detail, we really appreciate that!
My wife loves any kind of dancing and will probably look to start dance classes, possibly also yoga and mild zumba for older gentleman. We actually prefer people older than us, thanks again for your kind help!
StuartandFon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StuartandFon »

Its fine if people want to message us!