hello and intro

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
jrbkk64
Rookie
Rookie

hello and intro

Post by jrbkk64 »

Hi All,

I lived and worked in Thailand from 2000-2010 so know the country quite well. In addition my wonderful wife is Thai and we are there at least twice a year.

About a year and a half from now we will be retiring to Thailand.

We will most likely spend most of our time in Hua Hin and 3-4 months per year in Europe or elsewhere.

We have slowly but surely started looking at properties for sale and have seen a few last December.

I have a few friends owning properties on BM and Banyan. We have decided that we dont want to live on BM but would possibly consider Banyan.

I know it is a buyer's market and I know all the ins and outs of property ownership in Thailand.

What we are not yet clear about is the area we want to settle and whether we want a gated community or not. We looked at houses at BM, Palm Hills, some developments out West/South and near Blueport.

My preference is outside a gated community however the wife is worried about safety/security. I just dont like extortionate common area fees etc. and as a general rule don't trust developers and agents.

My wife has an online business whe wants to expand once we move to Thailand and for that she needs to be close(ish) to a town to take care of shipping stuff. I will be playing golf, make motorbike trips and support the wife's business.

I would appreciate some insider knowledge on the Hua Hin/Pranburi area especially when it comes to locations with easy access to Hua Hin or possibly Pranburi and hopefully some views. In terms of the property we are looking at minimum 700 sqms land, 4 bedrooms or room to build a guesthouse, 2 car parks, pool or space for a pool. Would consider buying land and build ourselves but prefer existing house. Some renovation work is ok. Budget is flexible but ideally up to 12 million THB.

Happy to hear from anyone who wants to sell up, or knows somebody who wants to sell, and the house meets the criteria above.

We will be in Hua Hin Sep.1 and 2 and Sep. 7 and 8.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future.

Cheers,
JR
buksida

Re: hello and intro

Post by buksida »

Welcome to the forum, you'll find a lot of the answers to your questions in the property section: viewforum.php?f=20

Additionally the forum has its own property listings website, you may find something suitable there: http://www.propertyhuahin.net/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

When you come over, as your wife is Thai, if you have the time it is better to travel around the areas you are thinking about and see what places are advertised for sale. You might find your dream house is for sale privately and not advertised on any of the property agents sites. You should be able to get a very nice place at the prices you mention. Hopefully someone will see your post and respond with a nice property to make the job easier. Welcome to the forum.
jrbkk64
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jrbkk64 »

Hi Buksida,

Have read through a lot of the info already. Unfortunately a lot of the info is a bit dated.

Cheers,

JR
jrbkk64
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jrbkk64 »

Thanks Gregjam. We will have a car and do just that however I dont like wasting our limited time driving around when I could possibly get some useful info here. I also need two rounds of golf while there so leaves us only 2 days to look at properties ;-)