Howdy guys

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
--AndY
Amateur
Amateur

Howdy guys

Post by --AndY »

I'm Andy from Manchester, I've been visiting Thailand for the passed 4 years, N I have proper fell in love with the place... after splitting up with my ex of 10years, I just thought life was for living, and the U.K. Just doesn't do it for me any more... My plan is to work my arse off till I'm 50 and retire in the land of smiles.... It's funny cos the first time I went to hua hin, I hated the place, n It didn't have a patch on Koh Samui... After my last trip I ended up going back to hua hin cos of a girl, n she shown me around, I loved it... After all the places I've been in Thailand hua hin had it all... I stumbled across this forum n thought I'd give it a go....
So a bit about my self, I'm 33, n work as a data network engineer, also I drive for DHL at Christmas time when work slows down.... I enjoy my boxing but hate football hehe...
I'm a pretty layed back guy...

I've read the rules and the starter pack, it's all ways good reading the posts and keeping up to date with thing...

P.s I hope the pound gets stronger, first time I come I got 46 baht to the pound... Now 40....
A friends dad told me when he first come, many moons ago, he got 76 to the pound... Hehe thanks for reading guys
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Howdy guys

Post by Takiap »

Hi, and welcome to the forum Andy. Yes, Hua Hin seems to have a nice balance. Ideally, I would like to live on a sparsely populated island island, but that simply isn't possible for me. Hua-Hin has grown considerably, but it still has a nice feel to it, and there are many really good people living here, including quite a few of the forum members.

Wish you the best of luck with your plans for the future. :cheers: :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

difficult to say what HH will be like in 17 years from now--but certainly unrecognisable and in my opinion, all of SE Asia will be much much more dominated by the Chinese. The dominoes will fall one by one, Laos and Cambodia first.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Welcome Andy, glad to have you here. I've only been in HH 12 months but it really feels like home. I wanted some peace after 12 crazy and expensive years in Dubai, and you certainly get that here. Plus it's a great location for you to visit the rest of the Far East, which is a PIA to do from the UK. :D

I guess you'll see HH develop a lot over the coming years, it's difficult not to become a moaner when you see things you like changing (ask one or two of the members here, or rather don't!), but if you're laid back then you'll take it in your stride and enjoy the ride.

I hope (big ask) that one day Thailand will get its economy in order and won't need to bend over too much in future to the Chinese dragon, but oakdale's right, they're coming.
--AndY
Amateur
Amateur

Post by --AndY »

Thanks for the reply guys, it seems like a busy forum, and look forward to gettin involved and getting 2 know people...
Island life is amazing, but after spending a lot of time, I couldn't just jump on a bike n go 2 then next town or village for the day..
But in HH uv got so much freedom, plus the beaches are lovely too....

Every thing changes, nothing is never like the good old days hehe... Il enjoy it while it lasts, if all else fails il retrie in isan haha..... Thanks again guys
Remember bar girls can't eat love! :twisted:
My nana use to say, Son if your got nothing nice to say, then don't say nothing at all!!!
Hani
Novice
Novice

Post by Hani »

Hi Andy, i'm here for a short visit. This is my 4th days and i still struggling on places to visit here.