Newbie joins up

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
Dr Smiley
Rookie
Rookie

Newbie joins up

Post by Dr Smiley »

Hi everyone

I am Amarjit Gill (Amit for short). I lived in Nottm as a dentist and London as a business development consultant. All that is now irrelevant as I'm another who is in semi retirement / long term vacation and chosen Hua Hin as the place to check out.

I've done all the members clubs such as Round Table (my favourite) / Rotary & Masons. Been out of them for years now.

I love eating and drinking so I have to reluctantly go to the gym to control the obvious effects of indulgence. I like to cycle, but don't know the safer places to try for that yet in HH.

I have the dry English sense of humour & happy to meet others with thick skin who enjoy banter. Other than that I will try to give as much to this forum as I take. I will arrive in HH on Sat 13th Jan to see how much pleasure it gives me and I can return!

Thanks for reading, if you got this far!
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Re: Newbie joins up

Post by dundrillin »

Welcome from a fellow retired dentist.
True Arena gym just off Soi 112 is excellent. There is a very good cycle path that runs from. near Soi 116 to halfway to Pranburi. For Thai food, Moonsmile in the Bintabaht is very good. For drinks,cocktails the rooftop bar East (soi94) is cool. For live music Thaiwaii at Kho Tao on a Sunday is very good - nothing fancy think Chicago blues club. That just a few pointers for you.
Big Boy has posted details of day trips,points of interest - use the search engine. So enjoy your stay.
Peroni
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Peroni »

Welcome from an Australian

John :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dundrillin wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:07 pm Welcome from a fellow retired dentist.
Now I get the moniker! :D

Welcome to the forum Doc - my wife and I fell in love with the place when we first visited some years back. Unfortunately due to various commitments have been away for far longer than we would like.

You'll find a mass of information and plenty of helpful souls here and I'm sure you'll enjoy Hua Hin and the area come January.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dr Smiley
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dr Smiley »

Thank you gents for the warm welcome.

I've been there twice & hope to make it my home. I arrive on Sat 13th Jan & will be around for month, so if anyone is free & inclined to meet up for drinks - please let me know. In the first 2 weeks my gf will be with me if any prefer to have a fun couple join them at any time.

Hoep to meet some of you soon!
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Welcome to the forum Dr Smiley

If you are ever anywhere near Soi 6 I'll gladly meet up for a beer or ten. I'm South African but enjoy dry English humor, and yes I have a thick skin. You have to have if you work offshore lol, but I no longer work offshore.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Dr Smiley
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dr Smiley »

I have to be honest, one thing I miss is the dry sense of humour over beers. The Singaporeans either dont get the jokes or even worse, get offended. S I have missed that past time! So Takiap - I'd like to take you up on that offer as you are only 3 miles away from my hotel - can we exchange emails / Whats App details ?