First Post

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
Treble99
Novice
Novice

First Post

Post by Treble99 »

Hi guys.

I was in Hua Hin in March 2011 with my ex long time TG. We stayed in the Thipurai Hotel which was ok. The beach was pretty much out of bounds as it was incredibly windy. We did venture there once and I seem to remember large rocks scattered around. or is my memory playing tricks? Apart from that I found the place very dull. I hadn't done my research and the TG wasnt taking me to any Soi Bintabaht or Soi 80, so I spent pretty much all the time wandering from the hotel to some Irish Bar that was empty during the day, and had some Thai band on in the evenings.

So, I will be returning in September with my latest squeeze from the UK. I hit Thailand 4 times each year so cant hang on to a GF as a rule. However, I seem to have struck a deal with said latest (The Bulgarian Gymnast) that if I give her one trip a year, touristy not hedonistic, I get the other three solo and still get it wet at home. Good deal!

She is a non drinker so I'm thinking I may get some free time when she tires of sitting there watching me get drunk. She likes the beach and knows I get bored after 20 mins so there will be scope during the day. Maybe not so much at night, unless we have a "row".

My question is this:

Where would be the best place to stay to best facilitate this scenario. Looking for a mid range hotel with access to a beach for her and salubrious soi's for me. Also, if I should manage to slip the net and find myself in a beer bar on one of the said soi's will I find short time rooms readily available as the hotel is obviously out of bounds. I know the scene in BKK and Pattaya and I believe things are a more laid back in HH which may not be a bad thing. I tend to tire of the pushy approach after a while..

Cheers!
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Re: First Post

Post by Vital Spark »

Welcome Treble99,

Being a British female, I won't be able to help you out with your request for recommendations about short-time rooms, but may be some of the guys can help you out with that. However, I would like to offer a bit of advice. You should perhaps confine your plans to discussions over a beer in Bintabaht. Do you realise that you're advertising the fact that you're going to cheat on your girlfriend on a very public forum? Can your current girlfriend read English?

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Screwing yourself by picking HH, as the beach is crap, and she'll be bored as fast as you, and the leave........with you..........LOL

You seem lost.............you need Jesus in you life. Or to troll elsewhere...UP2U
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

One of the small hotels near the Marriot--- close to the beach, close to Soi 80
Treble99
Novice
Novice

Post by Treble99 »

oakdale160 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:33 am One of the small hotels near the Marriot--- close to the beach, close to Soi 80
Thanks oakdale160. How far is Thipurai from the Marriot?
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

A question for Google Maps surely?...

And depends on which Tipurai hotel you stay at. Look it up.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Or a Hua Hin map with all the hotels labelled on it. :idea:

http://www.maphuahin.com/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Treble99 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:12 pm
oakdale160 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:33 am One of the small hotels near the Marriot--- close to the beach, close to Soi 80
Thanks oakdale160. How far is Thipurai from the Marriot?
The Thipurai Beach Hotel is very close to the Marriott- next Soi I believe.
Eiahhh

Post by Eiahhh »

Do you mean "Thipurai city hotel" or "Thipurai beach hotel?" Anyway, as far as short time rooms goes, a lot of bars have them, and if they don not, the girl usually knows where to get a cheap room!!! Happy hunting :D
Treble99
Novice
Novice

Post by Treble99 »

buksida wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:07 am Or a Hua Hin map with all the hotels labelled on it. :idea:

The hotels are too closely bunched. All I get is a white hand instead if the info except on the spaced out hotels more inland. Thanks though..
Treble99
Novice
Novice

Post by Treble99 »

Eiahhh wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:46 pm Do you mean "Thipurai city hotel" or "Thipurai beach hotel?" Anyway, as far as short time rooms goes, a lot of bars have them, and if they don not, the girl usually knows where to get a cheap room!!! Happy hunting :D
Yup. It was the Thipurai City, though I have just noticed on the map (not a very good one) that Soi Bintabaht and Poon Suk Rd are to the rear of it. Suitable for my purposes? Drop her off at the beach before sloping of for a few beers, which she is ok with.

What is the beach like there? I can't find Soi 80 on my (crap) map. Cheers! :cheers:
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

its called Hua Hin 80 in google map and in the link above

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.5658877 ... 5044,18.5z

:cheers: :cheers:
umbahumbah
Novice
Novice

Post by umbahumbah »

Being eyeing on Thipurai city hotel for our friends trip out on July. Looks from map as one of the closest to the binabaht actions? Any other No Nos' to this hotel? Price and location looks right for me . Any other suggestions?
Treble99
Novice
Novice

Post by Treble99 »

It's an ok mid range hotel. Beach in easy walking distance but couldn't testify to the quality as it was too windy for sunbathing. Mate. I was in company and steeded in the other direction to an Irish bar and never even saw a Beer Bar!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Treble99 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:46 pm
buksida wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:07 am Or a Hua Hin map with all the hotels labelled on it. :idea:

The hotels are too closely bunched. All I get is a white hand instead if the info except on the spaced out hotels more inland. Thanks though..
In the bottom right corner of the map there is a zoom in/zoom out button.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18