More Tragic News for Man Utd

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Jim
Sorry, as I mentioned the possible sale od Reading, it was not meant to be having a dig at Reading fans, but I only caught the tail end of the story the other day, and had not seen anymore about it.
Your present Chairman has done a great job with the new ground and to allow the team to progress to where they are today. Would be a shame after all of that good work, to not be there when they get upto the Premier.
:cheers:
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

No offence taken. The chairman was quoted out of context on the Beeb, so loads of people got the wrong message.

It would be nice to be in Prem if only to be able to watch the games in a bar in HuaHin. And we'll get more points than Sunderland.

Love to share a chang if you're in HH in March.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

chelsea wrote:Jim
Your present Chairman has done a great job with the new ground and to allow the team to progress to where they are today. :cheers:
And thats exactly what happened to Chelsea!!! We were in division 2 when Batesy bought the club for a quid. We went up then down a few times and the old stadium kept getting worse and worse, then Matthew Harding arrived on the scene, investment was secured, we stayed up, the stadium was rebuilt and we are where we are?

The warning being that we were in a pretty bad financial state again when Roman came along - be warned!

Look at Wigan, the chair there is moaning about Chelsea and all the usual crap but he's pumped 76m into them to get them into the premiership, as has the guy at Reading (although I give him more credit for being a patron of the arts), albeit not spending so much, and neither he nor Batesy had the ego to name a stadium after themselves.

Whats the difference? What! Why is it bad for Chelsea, but okay for everyone else - Mancs with the irish guys before they pulled out, Arsenal with the Koreans(?), Blackburn, Wolves, the list goes on.

I think its because of where Chelsea is, ignoring the fact that at its roots and in its roots, it has always had a solid working class base - as did Fulham - where the club is actually based -once!

Cut the bullshit please!!!! :guns:
Talk is cheap