European Championship 2016

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
StuartandFon
Rookie
Rookie

Re: European Championship 2016

Post by StuartandFon »

Hi, I will be in Hua Hin for the next few weeks. Does anyone know where I can watch the 2am football games in HH?
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

The real Brexit took place today.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

WHaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....!! won't say anything else.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

That was a disgraceful performance. I hope Rooney never wears an England shirt again. The rest of them need to go back and apologise for the abysmal performance they gave.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

What a waste of time. Wish I'd gone to bed early.

Harry Kane, fuck off - Harry fucking Kant, in fact the whole fucking Spurs aspect of England have lost this competition for us.

As for the manager, not a clue. He seems to think that the players can do what they do for their club. Spurs play a through the middle attack, it never worked once for England, yet still he never played a wide game. He picked Vardy for the team but didn't pick the guy who has been feeding him all the goals he has scored all season. Clyne played a blinder last game, why wasn't he featured in this game, it would have suited him and the English attack down to the ground.

Manager to blame, picked the wrong team, played the wrong style of attack, I hope to fuck Harry Redcrap doesn't get the job, I will be burning my England scarf if he does.

On the whole very disappointed and frustrated with the England games. Will be cheering Wales for the foreseeable future.

I'll finish as I started, what a waste of time.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Iceland population 332,529
England population 53 million

enough said

:cheers: :cheers:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Well, I'm not sure what they've been doing at their exclusive training camp over the last week, but it doesn't look like training featured very high on the list.

Just when you think you've seen it all, England manage to surprise you. I can't even single out a particular player as having a bad game, as they were all, individually and collectively absolutely bloody awful. The most pathetic, abject display I've ever seen - they should all be thoroughly ashamed of themselves as they return to their Porsches, their multi-million pound homes and their pampered lifestyles, and complain about the terrible pressure they're under. Overpaid, underperforming twats, the lot of 'em. They should be made to pay a month's salary to charity.

Come on Wales!
This is the way
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Reminds me of something, let me think overnight about what.
by GLCQuantum » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:35 am

Bamboo Grove wrote:
With no Spuds players in the opening line-up and three (possibly four when Gibbs returns) Gunners in the team, I might even start following England more closely. :mrgreen:

Fortunately, this isn't the case now, and Spurs' players are the backbone of the team - hence we actually looked bloody good against Germany.

Our young Spurs lads are our only chance of a good showing in the Euros. Alli was outstanding, albeit he missed a sitter to make it 2-3. Danny Rose looked more than comfortable in his role. Harry Kane did what Harry Kane does - first name on the team sheet and Eric Dier, well, he won it for us in the dying stages!

The other lads all did a good job too, of course. If Roy starts with Rooney and Wiltshere I think the moans and groans of the nation will be too much to ignore. Rooney could go as kind of a team mascot, maybe. Wilshere's gotta stay at home, surely.

Got a good feeling about this England team - not often one can say that.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Danny Mills

Ex-England defender on BBC Radio 5 live

"It was like watching Dad's Army, with Mainwaring in charge." :laugh: :laugh:
Roy's half-time team talk.jpg
Roy's half-time team talk.jpg (24.11 KiB) Viewed 306 times
This is the way
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

A souvenir for us England fans to remember Euro 2016. :D

England euro 2016.jpg
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Bamboo Grove wrote:The real Brexit took place today.
No, Wales are still there.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Absolutely abysmal ! The England players should all be thoroughly ashamed of themselves bar Rashford who had too little time to make an impact.
Special mention,in particular,to Hart for his dreadful goalkeeping and to Rooney who looked like a pub player but none of them were worth more than 4 out of 10 which is being generous.
I do think that Harry Kane deserves an award......for the worst free kicks in the world......ever ! :oops:
And what on earth was Hodgson thinking bringing on that little s h I t Wilshere at half time ? He's not international class and has been rubbish in this tournament with last night being no exception.
Anyway,Hodgson has gone....thank goodness !
But congratulations to Iceland.They were easily the better team and showed amazing spirit,in contrast to England.
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think it's all been said - at least it got me a lie in this morning.

Last night was like watching Hua Hin City having a bad day, but at least the Hua Hin squad are earning minimum Thai wage for their efforts. Maybe the England squad should be reduced British minimum wage.

The game was crying out for something different, but Rashford wasn't introduced until it was too late. A few players like Rooney were having awful games, while the likes of Wheelchair, Jane and Ali are totally out of their depth in this type of game.

Full marks to Iceland in the way the got off the bus and attacked occasionally, but what about England's counter attack? With players like Vardy, Sterling etc we should have been using their speed, but every crawl towards the Iceland goal was after too much faffing about at the back. Iceland had time to park their bus and grab a quick cuppa before England got anywhere near the Iceland half.

So Woy has resigned....................... not much consolation for the millions of fans who travelled to see them, stayed up until the silly hours or just watched the game at home. We can be sure he had an early dismissal clause in his contract, but what about a failure to perform clause?

Pathetic.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

redzonerocker wrote:A souvenir for us England fans to remember Euro 2016. :D
Bit of an insult to "Animal", "Beaker" and co. isn't it?....... :laugh:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Post by Chazz14 »

Two years after the Balls-Up In Brazil, we get the F**k Up in France!

Iceland wanted to win the game - England weren't sure!

Surely England's naivety in tournament finals can't be helped by the fact that some Premier league clubs start most matches with only 2 or 3 British players...

Is it now time to think about restricting the number of foreign players on the pitch (as the Thai PL does)?