Andy Murray

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

Re: Andy Murray

Post by pharvey »

^ He's certainly made huge improvements in his game on clay - here's hoping he can take it that one step further! :thumb:

Starts at 17:30 BST.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

oakdale160 wrote:Well the unbeatable Serena lost, so perrhaps Djocko not so unbeatable too
At least Serena made it a good watch, what with the long games having multiple deuce points. At match point I was surprised as Garbine was when Serena misjudged a lob, letting it fall inbounds. Now that's ending not with a bang but a whimper.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

He looks really more self-confident and his self-control is much better--Lendle's influence?? But Milos Roanic, the Canadian boy looks very powerful and has a dynamite serve. Should bea good final.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Not quite as one sided as the score might suggest, but still a fairly comfortable win for AM in the end and some good tennis played by both players.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Yes he broke Milos's service once i the first and thenwon 2 tie breakers easily. I think that the Canadian suffered from what used to plague Murray, loosing heart when he got behind. But AM looked really good and Milos powerful serve did not phase him
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Not many on here have thought highly of him, especially his personality. Nevertheless, his accomplishments this year and last are very noteworthy. Congrats to him. :thumb: Pete :cheers:

http://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/12 ... arry-cowan
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Surly personality--- not by scottish standards
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There is no doubting his ability, and I used to follow him. However, since he stated he didn't like the English, I've had absolutely no time for the guy.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:There is no doubting his ability, and I used to follow him. However, since he stated he didn't like the English, I've had absolutely no time for the guy.
Wimbledon winner Andy Murray has blasted claims that he dislikes the English as 'nonsense' pointing out 'I am going to get married to one'.
The British tennis number one, who will tie the knot with English fiancee Kim Sears in April, said he finds the accusation upsetting as some of his family are English as well as his future in-laws.
'The whole notion that I don't like English people is nonsense,' he said.
'I work with English people on a daily basis. I am going to get married to one. I live here. It is just nonsense.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4HTTx1jeY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Exactly, but I heard him say it on TV. Many a true word spoken in jest and all that - I will not watch him.

[Edit] A personality like his does not do jokes.

Points 41; Position 18
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Big Boy wrote:Exactly, but I heard him say it on TV. Many a true word spoken in jest and all that - I will not watch him.

[Edit] A personality like his does not do jokes.
I thought he said, when asked which international team he wanted to win a tournament, anybody playing the English.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Same difference - stupid thing to say IMHO.

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Most Welsh and Scottish people I know will always back the opposition against England, it's part and parcel of their way of life, but it's not malicious (in most cases).
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Andy Murray becomes world number one.....

"Andy Murray says he feels "very proud" to become the first British singles player to be world number one since computerised rankings began in 1973."......

"He will play John Isner in Sunday's Paris Masters final, after Raonic pulled out with an injury to his right quad. Isner beat Marin Cilic 6-4 6-3 in the semi-finals."......

http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/37882467
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Like him or loathe him, it's quite some achievement! Fair play to the man :bow:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.