Ryder Cup 2016 TV Coverage

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Ryder Cup 2016 TV Coverage

Post by Geko »

Anyone know if this years Ryder Cup will be shown on any of the True TV channels, either Thai or English language, I see the Golf Channel is showing hour long live sections of the matches but not the full length show.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Ryder Cup 2016 TV Coverage

Post by hhfarang »

In the U.S. the Golf Channel is showing the entire day on Friday. Then it moves to NBC for weekend coverage.

Is the Golf Channel there a different one? :?

It's supposed to be live streamed at:

RyderCup.com

and

http://www.nbcsports.com/live
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Morning SWEEP for the U.S.A!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Europe came back to win 3 out of 4 of the afternoon rounds! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

To answer the original question, Truevisions is NOT showing any Ryder Cup except the two hours a day from Golf Channel.

I spent hours and hours looking for something somewhere on the internet and the results were negative. I even went to the "Watch live streaming" etc. sites and tried to sign up......no can do.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

ilikeHD will sort you.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Think I've cracked it, go to the Ryder Cup web site or download the relative phone or tablet app. The log on is simple but when asked for a Zip Code, enter "001", found that to be a Zip Code for outside the USA.

Only found this out this morning but looks like it will work.
patekatek
Novice
Novice

Hua Hin Bars Showing Ryder Cup Final

Post by patekatek »

I'm getting desperate to find a bar or other venue to view tonight's final Ryder Cup event.

Can anyone provide any names of bars that they know will show the event even though it's really late at night?

Thanks!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

The play has been some of the best I've ever seen. These guys are incredible... 360 yard drives, sinking 50 foot putts, holeing out from the fairway for eagles, etc.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

hhfarang wrote:The play has been some of the best I've ever seen. These guys are incredible... 360 yard drives, sinking 50 foot putts, holeing out from the fairway for eagles, etc.
Whilst I watch golf occasionally, I'm not a great supporter of the game. After reading the above however, thought I would do a search with regards to the longest drives - quite incredible really: -

"Mike Austin holds the world record for the longest drive in professional play, driving 515 yards at the Winterwood Golf Course in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1974, blasting it 65 yards past the flag on the par-4 fifth. His golf swing, known as The Mike Austin Swing, is practiced and taught by current golf professionals."

See also: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/c ... 269507.stm

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.