Fox Sports access for 9bt/day

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Fox Sports access for 9bt/day

Post by Pleng »

I discovered this little gem by accident but as somebody who only watches F1, and even then likes to go out to watch the races when I can, this is a great little way to get coverage of the sessions when I'm at home without needing to pay a monthly subscription.

There are some caveats; you need an AIS SIM card, and you can only watch the sport on an Android or iOS phone/tablet. But, obviously, if you have such a device with a TV out, you can watch it on TV. And the Android app, at least (don't know about the iOS app) supports Chromecast, so you can watch it on your TV is you have a Chromecast device, or TV with built-in Chromecast functionality. I guess it would probably work on an Android TV box too, but haven't tried it myself. It can be watched using an AIS 3/4G connection, or any WiFi connection

I can only describe the steps required to set it up on an Android device...

First, download the My AIS app from the play store.

Secondly, download the AIS Play app from the app store. Unfortunately AIS have restricted this app to Thailand so if your google account was created in a different country then this app may not show up. If that's the case you'll need too (as I did) create an additional google account on your phone. Once you've done that you can switch to the new account in the Play store, and AIS Play will show up (remember to switch back to your old account afterwards so that any further apps you download will be synced with your original account)

Then, open up the My AIS, switch to the "Package" tab, and press on "Apply Entertainment On-Top Package". You will be presented with various TV packages, including "Spotainment Full HD Daily Ontop Package 9bt". Subscribe to that package.

Once you're subscribed, you can open up AIS Play and watch any of the Fox Sports channels, as well as a couple of Thai sports channels. They also seem to have some exclusive Thai sport event coverage. If you're on WiFi you'll be sent a OTP to login to the app.

Be aware that it's a recurring subscription, so once you've finished your sports watching for the day, don't forget to unsubscribe in the My AIS app.