Skibsreder Maersk Mc-Kinney Møller død, 98 år gammel

Image Image Image Image Forum for discussion in Dansk, Svensk, Norsk og Finsk.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Skibsreder Maersk Mc-Kinney Møller død, 98 år gammel

Post by Lung Per » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:43 pm

Skibsreder Maersk Mc-Kinney Møller døde i morges af naturlige årsager. Han blev 98 år gammel. For ganske få dage siden deltog han i concernens årlige generalforsamling, synlig fysisk svækket men med godt humør og kvikke bemærkninger som sædvanlig.
Hr. Møller var Danmarks største erhvervsmand med et conglomerat af rederier (Maersk Line er verdens største containerrederi), havneadministration, olie og gasefterforskning og -udnyttelse i Nordsøen, Afrika og Asien, industriproduktion og detailvirksomhed. Virksomheden og dens aktiviteter er verdensomspændende.
Hr. Møller var også en stor mæcen for kunst og videnskab og donerede bl.a. Danmarks nye operahus i København.
Æret Være Hans Minde.

mere her: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/text/2017993987.html
A friend is only one click away

kendo

Re: Skibsreder Maersk Mc-Kinney Møller død, 98 år gammel

Post by kendo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:32 am

Mr. Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller died this morning of natural causes. He was 98 years old. A few days ago, he participated in concernens annual general meeting, visible physically weak but with good humor and smart observations as usual. Mr. Moller, Denmark's largest business man with a conglomerat of shipping companies (Maersk Line is the world's largest container shipping line), port administration, oil and gas exploration and exploitation in the North Sea, Africa and Asia, industrial production and retail company. The company and its activities are worldwide. Mr. Miller was also a great patron of the arts and sciences and donated include Denmark's new opera house in Copenhagen. All honor to his memory.

Yes very sad I think his daughters still run this very powerfull company.
Kendo :(
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.

Nereus
Addict
Addict

Post by Nereus » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:48 pm

kendo wrote:Mr. Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller died this morning of natural causes. He was 98 years old. A few days ago, he participated in concernens annual general meeting, visible physically weak but with good humor and smart observations as usual. Mr. Moller, Denmark's largest business man with a conglomerat of shipping companies (Maersk Line is the world's largest container shipping line), port administration, oil and gas exploration and exploitation in the North Sea, Africa and Asia, industrial production and retail company. The company and its activities are worldwide. Mr. Miller was also a great patron of the arts and sciences and donated include Denmark's new opera house in Copenhagen. All honor to his memory.

Yes very sad I think his daughters still run this very powerfull company.
Kendo :(
A bit of a legend and highly respected in the shipping community. One of the often reported facts about him was his insistence that everybody that worked in the head office had to use the stairs, rather than the lifts, including himself! Incredible that he was able to work right up to the end.

RIP old man, you have earned it. :(
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Why are you writing in English in the NORDIC Section??

kendo

Post by kendo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Why not, a topic we are interested in I have worked on many of Maersk Line ships they have always been a global super power in shipping.

My hat is off for the old man respect to the Moller family.

You Vikings have a very good command on English anyway I thought the Danish on here would be quite happy that a Brit is taking an interest in a Danish topic.

Kendo. :cheers:

Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:05 pm

kendo wrote:Why not, a topic we are interested in I have worked on many of Maersk Line ships they have always been a global super power in shipping.

My hat is off for the old man respect to the Moller family.

You Vikings have a very good command on English anyway I thought the Danish on here would be quite happy that a Brit is taking an interest in a Danish topic.

Right O. It's only because I got clobbered once for writing English in the Nordic section. There ain't no justice! :D

Anyways, thanks for your interest - perhaps I should have posted this another place in view of the man's and the company's worldwide activities.
:cheers:

kendo

Post by kendo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Hvorfor ikke et emne, vi er interesseret i at jeg har arbejdet på mange af Maersk Line skibe, de har altid været en global supermagt inden for skibsfarten. Min hat er slukket for den gamle mand hensyn til Møller-familien. Y

moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:32 pm

RIP Have sailed on many Maersk ships.