Record Shop & Cafe

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
SPONSORS: Players Pool Tables : Thailand Pool Tables
rynka
Amateur
Amateur

Record Shop & Cafe

Post by rynka » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Does anyone know about this place? It's a Record Shop that also serves chilled imported beer of various brands.
It also has a Cafe across the Record Shop that serves coffee, cake etc. with local artwork on display.

It is located inside Seen Space, that beachfront mall near the immigration office.

I was just wondering if anyone's ever been there and what the experience was like.

Dannie Boy
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Record Shop & Cafe

Post by Dannie Boy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:45 pm

rynka wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:44 pm
Does anyone know about this place? It's a Record Shop that also serves chilled imported beer of various brands.
It also has a Cafe across the Record Shop that serves coffee, cake etc. with local artwork on display.

It is located inside Seen Space, that beachfront mall near the immigration office.

I was just wondering if anyone's ever been there and what the experience was like.
You seem to know quite a bit about the place, have you been inside yourself?

handdrummer
Guru
Guru

Post by handdrummer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:27 am

It's on the north side, near the beach, one step down into the café. The records, when I went in were used copies of 60's and 70's pop and rock. The art work wasn't to my taste and I didn't try the beer. That was about 2 months ago.

StevePIraq
Legend
Legend

Post by StevePIraq » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:44 pm

Sounds like the OP is promoting the place
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

dtaai-maai
Addict
Addict

Post by dtaai-maai » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:25 pm

I wonder how many privately owned turntables there are in HH...?
Cry ‘God for Harry, England, and St George!’

caller
Addict
Addict

Post by caller » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:25 pm

dtaai-maai wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:25 pm
I wonder how many privately owned turntables there are in HH...?
You might be surprised! Vinyl seems to be making a comeback everywhere. If I could find my old albums that are somewhere here, I might be tempted myself. When I went to Fortune Tower in Bangkok, I was amazed at the number of shops stocking vinyl and a variety of turntables were widely available.
Talk is cheap

handdrummer
Guru
Guru

Post by handdrummer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:58 am

I grew up listening to vinyl records with all there clicks, pops, scratches and, despite publicity, low fidelity. If you don't have a high fidelity system and I'm not talking about stereo but a high end system, you won't hear but a small percentage of the music that's recorded. The first time I heard a cd of music that I was very familiar with I heard notes and frequencies that I'd never heard before. Your 30 yr. old vinyl recordings will sound like crap compared to a 30 yr. old cd. A friend used to buy records, play them once while he recorded them to reel-to-reel tape and only listened to the tape after that. Extreme but the only way to preserve vinyl while still being able to listen to the music.

caller
Addict
Addict

Post by caller » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 am

handdrummer wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:58 am
Your 30 yr. old vinyl recordings will sound like crap compared to a 30 yr. old cd.
Well my hearing isn't good enough to challenge you on that, but that are an awful lot of folk out there who would! Not on the technical data, but simply on what provides the more authentic or better sound.
Talk is cheap

handdrummer
Guru
Guru

Post by handdrummer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:27 am

caller wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 am
handdrummer wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:58 am
Your 30 yr. old vinyl recordings will sound like crap compared to a 30 yr. old cd.
Well my hearing isn't good enough to challenge you on that, but that are an awful lot of folk out there who would! Not on the technical data, but simply on what provides the more authentic or better sound.
Better is a relative term. The only "authentic" sound is live music, everything else is a poor reproduction. That takes nothing away from the enjoyment of listening to a recording but a pair of 12" speakers cannot reproduce a symphony orchestra. I've spent many hours listening to music, late at night, on a 1950's car radio and was thrilled to be able to hear it but I never thought that it was what live music sounded like. Vinyl provides a "warmer" (whatever audiophiles mean by that) sound but cd's give you more of the music. As I said in my previous post, when I heard cd's of the music that I'd listened to on vinyl I heard notes that I hadn't heard on vinyl. That,for me, is better than warm fuzzies.