how safe at night

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: how safe at night

Post by Takiap »

Tsinodeh wrote:Hi,

I have been to Hua Hin many times and always felt very safe there as well as most places in Thailand.

For the last few years I rented a room along Canal Road, at both ST Appartment and A1 Appartment.

After reading some post here I am now seriously wondering if it is still as safe to ride along Canal Road as it used to be ? I often come home late at night on my motorbike ...

Would you even recommend one not to stay in that area at all ?

Thanks for any feedback.

Yes, I know there have been one or two posts to the contrary, but I have to say, I have never seen anything suspect along the klong road, and I travel along there each and every day/night of my life. As another poster has mentioned, the soi dogs are more of a threat than anything else, and even they tend to leave you alone at night unless you're on foot. Also, the klong road is being made wider, and will no doubt soon be well lit up. :(

All in all, I have never felt threatened in Thailand yet, no matter where about in the country I've been. Of course there's crime here, but there is crime in all countries, and in Thailand, it seems foreigners are for the most part spared. :thumb:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
cyberpete
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cyberpete »

I spent 8 weeks in HH and felt as safe as at home. There was a few dogs that looked at me a few nights and followed me but other than that it felt like home :)
ethanw
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ethanw »

Are the cabs safe at night as well? Is it ok to use the cab late during the night? No surprises :-)
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Cabs?
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

ethanw wrote:Are the cabs safe at night as well? Is it ok to use the cab late during the night? No surprises :-)

Yes they are safe - no surprises. I have however heard of one or two bad experiences in Bangkok, involving both Thai and western passengers.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact