nightlife area

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
cozza
Professional
Professional

Re: nightlife area

Post by cozza »

Im just saying that many Thai owned establishments probably dont care that much about Western clients...the forces that be dont care too much about foreign owned business' catering to foreigners either, hence the red tape...comparing HH to Pattaya or Phuket where there is more baht coming in from foreigners than locals.

Might be common sense to some of you, but by reading some posts seems not all. If I was opening a small/medium business in Hua Hin, it would not be targeting foreigners.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

cozza wrote:Im going to rustle some feathers with this post I think...

I mean no disrespect to any of my fellow westerners in the Hua Hin area...but walking around with my eyes open I can see very plain and openly that the type of Thai that frequents Hua Hin/Cha Am now from Bangkok is not only more abundant but seems to spend more.
Might have been 2009, 1.9 million Thai tourists visited Hua Hin, staying for an average 2.35 days, spending on average 2,081 Baht per person/day. If I stay in bed all day I can get away with 1,600 Baht/day :D

SJ
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Super Joe wrote:
cozza wrote:Im going to rustle some feathers with this post I think...

I mean no disrespect to any of my fellow westerners in the Hua Hin area...but walking around with my eyes open I can see very plain and openly that the type of Thai that frequents Hua Hin/Cha Am now from Bangkok is not only more abundant but seems to spend more.
Might have been 2009, 1.9 million Thai tourists visited Hua Hin, staying for an average 2.35 days, spending on average 2,081 Baht per person/day. If I stay in bed all day I can get away with 1,600 Baht/day :D

SJ
Hang on SJ, I thought a day in bed was 1000 for each girl, 300 bar fine for each girl, food 5 times a day and a taxi home for the girl(s). On top of that you may need smokes, beers and assistant medical products to boost performance :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: or were you talking about just sleep and a bit of net surfing?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I think that perhaps the main thing that keeps the Farang nightlife seperate from that of the wealthier Thais is simply a factor of parking. Rich young Thais want to park their BMW, or whatever, right outside which is why they tend to frequent those big open places out on Petchakasem whereas most Farangs like to do their pub crawls on foot or motorbike.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I think that perhaps the main thing that keeps the Farang nightlife seperate from that of the wealthier Thais is simply a factor of parking. Rich young Thais want to park their BMW, or whatever, right outside which is why they tend to frequent those big open places out on Petchakasem whereas most Farangs like to do their pub crawls on foot or motorbike.
I'm neither rich nor Thai and I certainly don't have a BMW, but (being a lazy arse) when I do go out I tend to go to places that have parking right outside too. :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I'm used to European cities where you generally head into the centre and then wander around on foot until you find somewhere that takes your fancy. They also often have large pedestrian areas where you have to walk.
From experience, I know that in most American cities that is just not possible, although I've done it in New York which is perhaps an exception.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ Yes, me too, like Munich, Berlin, Paris, etc., but all those cities have a good underground (subway) system to take you to that downtown so you don't need a car or have to think about where to park one (not to mention that when you are walking around in those European cities it's not 35c in the shade and 98% humidity! :duck: :duck: :duck: :D ).
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?