Carlsberg draft returns to town.

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
MURF

Carlsberg draft returns to town.

Post by MURF »

Probably the best lager in the world is back in Hua Hin,exclusively @ El Murphy's.

Priced at 165 & 135(during our happy 12 hours 7am/7pm).

Our 2010 / 2011 daft/draft line up is;

1.Carlsberg
Denmark.
2.Singha
Thailand
3.Stowford
England
4.Guinness
Ireland
5.Westons
England
6.Magners
Ireland
7.Stella
Belgium
8.Kilkenny
Ireland
9.Kronenbourg 1664
France
10.San Miguel
Spain
11.Heineken
Holland

12.Leo
Thailand
13.Tiger
Maylasia

Those in red arriving later this month.
PeteC

Re: Carlsberg draft returns to town.

Post by PeteC »

Is this really the imported Carlsberg from Denmark or is it from their brewery in Laos? I haven't tried any yet from their brewery there and interesting to see how it stacks up against the product they used to brew in Thailand. Also about the Heineken, imported or local made? Great list there though I must say. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
TypicallyTropical
Professional
Professional

Post by TypicallyTropical »

Damn! About two months late! I remember asking it on this forum last year if Carlsbeg was available in Hua Hin! It's the best lager in the world IMHO, and I couldn't tell the difference between the Danish-brewed and the Malaysian-brewed when I was in Penang! As to the others, Stella only #7 on the list?!
TT
Citizen of The World
"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather....
Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..."
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

Great selection there Murf, is it 135/165 plus tax?
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

TypicallyTropical wrote: I remember asking it on this forum last year if Carlsbeg was available in Hua Hin! It's the best lager in the world IMHO
It really, really isn't, it's right down there with Carling and Fosters in a British pub, about as good as Budweiser.

It's a bog standard lager IMO, better than all your Thai stuff obviously.

No offence Merv, you've got plenty of better alternatives, Stella, Kronenbourg 1664, San Miguel, Heineken and probably Tiger are all better lagers.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

BaaBaa. wrote:
TypicallyTropical wrote: I remember asking it on this forum last year if Carlsbeg was available in Hua Hin! It's the best lager in the world IMHO
It really, really isn't, it's right down there with Carling and Fosters in a British pub, about as good as Budweiser.

No offence Merv, you've got plenty of better alternatives, Stella, Kronenbourg 1664, San Miguel, Heineken and probably Tiger are all better lagers.
You are of course entitled to your opinion just like everybody else. But your statement reveals that you can hardly be an expert on the subject...
The Carlsberg that is made in the U.K. and served in British pubs is adjusted to the taste (or lack of same) of the British. I.e. it's flat, tasteless and rather weak in alcohol content, just like its British competitors. Still, the US-made Budweiser (not to be confused with the original Czech of the same name) is chicken p in comparison.
The original Carlsberg, made in Denmark, has a full rich taste and a neat head. So does the Carlsberg you get from Malaysia.
I shall insert my earplugs and pay a visit to the infamous establishement to sample the Carlsberg draft there. Hopefully I will hit the joint while the band has its intermission.
:cheers: :cheers:
:cheers:
A friend is only one click away
TypicallyTropical
Professional
Professional

Post by TypicallyTropical »

Lung Per wrote:You are of course entitled to your opinion just like everybody else. But your statement reveals that you can hardly be an expert on the subject...The original Carlsberg, made in Denmark, has a full rich taste and a neat head. So does the Carlsberg you get from Malaysia.
??? Didn't I say the same?! Or you meant BaaBaa? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
TT
Citizen of The World
"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather....
Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..."
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, more research concluded it doesn't seem that Carlsberg draft is produced in Laos, only bottles and cans. This begs the question where is the Lao brewed Carlsberg going? I wouldn't think it's all consumed in Laos. Pete :cheers:

http://www.beerlao.la/eng/product.php?id=9
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Lung Per wrote:
BaaBaa. wrote:

The Carlsberg that is made in the U.K. and served in British pubs is adjusted to the taste (or lack of same) of the British. I.e. it's flat, tasteless and rather weak in alcohol content, just like its British competitors. Still, the US-made Budweiser (not to be confused with the original Czech of the same name) is chicken p in comparison.
The original Carlsberg, made in Denmark, has a full rich taste and a neat head. So does the Carlsberg you get from Malaysia.
Knock yourself out mate!

Yes I'm fully aware what Czech Budweiser is, I call it Budvar personally, it's a fine lager, but to say that Carlsberg is the best lager in the world, the whole point of my post, is complete bollocks, maybe Carlsberg should up it's game considering the amount of far superior lagers available in every pub in England.

If it's happy standing next to Carling and Fosters as the cheapest crap in the pub then that's their decision.

Staropramen, Budvar, Kronenbourg, Beer Lao, Lowenbrau and Asahi are all superior to Carlsberg and that's off the top of my head. Christ, I'd probably take a Leo or a Tiger, I'd definitely take a Heineken.

And No, Britain doesn't make lager, we import our lady drinks!

:cheers:
Lung Per wrote:You are of course entitled to your opinion just like everybody else. But your statement reveals that you can hardly be an expert on the subject...
I enjoy the odd beer or ten and one of my closest friends of over 25 years runs a hugely successful, multiple CAMRA award winning brewery in the North West of England, I also often attend beer festivals with said Brewery.

You're correct though, Carlsberg is a beer pioneer! :cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

BaaBaa. wrote:I enjoy the odd beer or ten and one of my closest friends of over 25 years runs a hugely successful, multiple CAMRA award winning brewery in the North West of England, I also often attend beer festivals with said Brewery.
Come on BaaBaa, reveal all - whats the brewery? Real Ale is my middle name.
Talk is cheap
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Maybe a mod could move this thread (from my post) to somewhere more suitable, it was, after all, an add for good draft beer in El Murphys
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

PM'd you Caller.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Yes I'm fully aware what Czech Budweiser is, I call it Budvar personally, it's a fine lager
Sorry BaaBaa, but Budweiser Budvar is a pilsner, not a lager. It, along with Pilsner Urquell (also from the Czech Republic) are two of my favorite beers... if only you could get them here! :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

hhfarang wrote:
Yes I'm fully aware what Czech Budweiser is, I call it Budvar personally, it's a fine lager
Sorry BaaBaa, but Budweiser Budvar is a pilsner, not a lager.
Sorry HHF but pilsner IS a lager.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilsner
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It would be quite an interesting event if Murf, JW or someone held a beer blind tasting competition. With the holidays approaching it's a great time to think about it. Line up a selection of all the beers in the house (in shot glasses) and see who can correctly name the most. Prizes to be determined by establishment owner. :thumb: Pete :cheers: