Out at night in Thailand

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Out at night in Thailand

Post by margaretcarnes »

All the above is good advice - but don't get too paranoid about safety in Thailand. Just be sensible as advised. If you need to use ATMS do it during daylight hours and in busy areas. You don't need to carry a lot of cash anyway. When you do - spread it around.
Bum Bags can easily be snatched. I use a shoulder bag and in markets or busy areas just wrap it around one shoulder and hold it in front of me (after an incident in Chatuchak Market in Bangkok when I noticed a dark brown hand hovering over my bag. He didn't get far without a slap.)
Just be aware. HuaHin is much safer than Bangkok as a rule but nowhere is 100%.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Lee1975
Professional
Professional

Post by Lee1975 »

Most of what needs to be advised has been said already. But for some reason I feel much safer walking round on my own in Hua Hin and most of Thailand than i do at home. But always keep your wits about you.
The only things I regret are the things I didn't do
tonyridesahd
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tonyridesahd »

Again, thanks for all the great advice from your experiences there. It will all help I am sure and I will tell you all how the trip went afterwards. Still doing lots of research of things to do and places to see. I think we will have a great holiday as we both need a nice getaway!
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Plenty to do Tony, especially if you have 2 or 3 days in Bangkok as well - but trips are readily available from HuaHin also to places like the Kwai. And don't forget the boat trips too! (plug plug)
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I have one of those B50 magic wallets from the 'northern hill tribe' girls that fits in my shirt pocket. i take out just what i might need for the night! If i loose it through drunkenness or worse it's no big deal. I have never had a problem at night in 10 years. (Other than falling for those big brown eyes)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

NOKYAI wrote:I have one of those B50 magic wallets from the 'northern hill tribe' girl that fits in my shirt pocket
Cool. She must be tiny! :P
tonyridesahd
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tonyridesahd »

Well, we have two weeks to go until we arrive in Bangkok and we are really looking forward to this holiday. Again, I thank you all for the sound advice and will pack accordingly. This is a great site and I'm glad I found it as it will make our trip a fun one. Take care all and thanks for all the good info!!

Tony
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

BaaBaa. wrote:
NOKYAI wrote:I have one of those B50 magic wallets from the 'northern hill tribe' girl that fits in my shirt pocket
Cool. She must be tiny! :P
well they are!

Here's my missing (,) insert it where you want :cheers:
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!