Farang Bar Owner breaks a guys arm

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Farang Bar Owner breaks a guys arm

Post by hhfarang »

It could be that some innocent guy who now owns that bar is being blacklisted unfairly
That's what I was afraid of. I haven't been in there in a couple of months so the owners may have changed. I've been in the house sick for nearly two weeks now so unable to verify what I was told. As soon as I get out I want to go to the alleged victim's bar and find out the full story.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

hhfarang wrote:
It could be that some innocent guy who now owns that bar is being blacklisted unfairly
That's what I was afraid of. I haven't been in there in a couple of months so the owners may have changed. I've been in the house sick for nearly two weeks now so unable to verify what I was told. As soon as I get out I want to go to the alleged victim's bar and find out the full story.
Yes, I would have thought that is the obvious and sensible thing to try and do. I do not know either place, but others obviously do, and the truth would be good. :?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

hhfarang wrote:That's what I was afraid of. I haven't been in there in a couple of months so the owners may have changed. I've been in the house sick for nearly two weeks now so unable to verify what I was told. As soon as I get out I want to go to the alleged victim's bar and find out the full story.
The last 2 times I popped in there for a greasy sandwich I did wonder if it had changed hands, as both times there was a smart'ish Thai guy (obv. not a contractor etc) sitting at the bar, sort of directing staff and couple of times walked behind the counter to do something, without anyone batting an eyelid. But I don't know any of the staff to chat to, so didn't ask or owt.

Also, live quite near the Railway Tavern (where it happened), and don't know anything of the incident except reading off internet, but can confirm 1000% that owner Karl and his Thai wife are a couple of the nicest people you'd wish to meet, a Karl is a very quiet bloke, of slight build and never seen him (or her) raise his voice once, despite a couple of rowdy drunks in there one time about a year back.

It's a very small bar and it struck me that he wasn't doing anything about them, or didn't really know how to, despite clearly uncomfortable about them causing a nuisance. So I asked me Mum and Dad to get off home for him... nah, only kidding :D

Go past the bar a lot, and did see arm in a sling, Bryan Robson-stylee, then read about incident on net.

:cheers:
SJ
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I thought this hole incident was well reported in AWOL ( front page) 2/3 weeks ago ?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
matthewnoel

Post by matthewnoel »

i just knew it would be him!ive seen him bully older guys many times,yes,he is a prick!
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

PET wrote:I thought this hole incident was well reported in AWOL ( front page) 2/3 weeks ago ?
Nooo, that's being discussed here mate...
http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/vi ... 30#p203679

SJ
petercr

Post by petercr »

Lev wrote:
Jack the lad wrote:Now that the admin of this forum " Lev" has given authority for users to name and shame the dangerous people in our midst. I assume that it is o k for the bad property developers and con men etc. to be named and shamed also..
Quote, "The public does have the right to know".
If you can backup your claim with substantiated evidence and wish to post using your real name and not a pseudonym then yes, we don't see why not - they will sue you instead of us.
My question is this, in what form do you require substantiated evidence before any member can name and shame a developer on HHAD. And yes, I am prepared to use my own name against any post on this subject

I have copies of correspondence, photographs, e-mails, completed and ongoing litigation details etc regarding one developer and would welcome the opportunity to name and shame that individual and his associates

Why should we be intimidated by these individuals, they bring nothing to the table except chaos heartache for the people who have placed trust and hard earned cash in their hands

:idea:
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Peter start a new thread and as long as people use there real names to be accountable, and can back accounts up with evidence and agree that there is no recorse to this forum.

Kendo. :idea:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
H2ODunc
Professional
Professional

Post by H2ODunc »

mat wrote:Doesn't sound like a nice story but if there will be naming and shaming i hope it will be based on facts and not only rumours. As i understand the person in question owns a business so this could really hurt him.
I never forget a face but in your case I'll make an exception!
petercr

Post by petercr »

H2ODunc wrote:
mat wrote:Doesn't sound like a nice story but if there will be naming and shaming i hope it will be based on facts and not only rumours. As i understand the person in question owns a business so this could really hurt him.
Rest assured I would not make public anything other than hard facts which can be substantiated. Quite apart from my own standards of conduct I have no wish to expose myself to potential litigation by indulging in rumour and innuendo

:thumb:
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

petercr wrote: My question is this, in what form do you require substantiated evidence before any member can name and shame a developer on HHAD. And yes, I am prepared to use my own name against any post on this subject

I have copies of correspondence, photographs, e-mails, completed and ongoing litigation details etc regarding one developer and would welcome the opportunity to name and shame that individual and his associates

Why should we be intimidated by these individuals, they bring nothing to the table except chaos heartache for the people who have placed trust and hard earned cash in their hands

Verification of identity, police and lawyers reports should suffice.

We totally agree with your last sentence however we do not wish to be sued ourselves by these individuals over an incident or dispute that does not involve us so need to take the necessary precautions.

:offtopic:
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

Although I agree it is a good thing to name and shame, I think it may be too late, as HH’s reputation for having more than its fair share of dishonest realtors and developers will stick with it for a very long time.
The one thing that does annoy me is during the peak of the scandals I could not convince any of my local friends that this was a major problem for HH’s reputation, they just see it as a farang against farang, so it’s a victimless crime.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
Jack the lad
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jack the lad »

It seems that "admin"agrees that con men ( women), crooks etc can be named on this forum subject to the person posting any accusations uses their real name. So come on let a thread be started naming the bad guys in town. People should be warned who not do business with.

" Petercr". could start the thread as he appears willing to do so.
Lev wrote:
petercr wrote: My question is this, in what form do you require substantiated evidence before any member can name and shame a developer on HHAD. And yes, I am prepared to use my own name against any post on this subject

We totally agree with your last sentence however we do not wish to be sued ourselves by these individuals over an incident or dispute that does not involve us so need to take the necessary precautions.

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Post at your peril

Watch your back mate :duck:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
petercr

Post by petercr »

Lev wrote:

While it was not my intention to highjack this thread, for the sake of continuity I would prefer to use this opportunity to comment on the Moderator response. Obviously the practicality of securing police and lawyer reports effectively halts any meaningful criticism of developers, even were these reports available, could they be published on this forum??? I doubt it

Forum Rules as shown below are quite clear:

PROPERTY ISSUES
We welcome general discussion on property related issues but will not permit the posting of specific information that may be defamatory or used as part of a legal dispute at a later date. This includes but is not restricted to the names of real estate companies, developers, owners, photographs or republication of private messages or email. What is permitted will be so at our sole discretion, this forum is not a platform for property disputes.

DISCLAIMER & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
HHAD and it's staff will not be held responsible for anything posted on this message board. It is a public forum and any advice given by members regarding legal, visa, financial or property concerns are not the responsibility of HHAD, use this forum at your own discretion. HHAD is not responsible for the availability or content of any sponsors' external websites or services, nor does HHAD endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered on their advertorials or other Internet sites. By agreeing to these terms and conditions when you register you agree that HHAD and its staff does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on this forum. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, neither HHAD nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site.

There appear to be no other examples of specific groups of traders/business people singled out within forum rules......??

In this particular thread a specific bar business is named, in other threads there is damaging comment on specific restaurants with reference to food poisoning ...........and so on, this without the thread being locked or evidence of any serious Moderator intervention

Perhaps the Moderators will excuse my observation that there appears to be a double standard here

The forum 'Disclaimer & Limitation of Liability' seems to protect the forum/moderators interests in terms of content, so if an individual is prepared to post under their real name why is it necessary to effectively smother that content?? I also observe that none of the Moderators' use their full and real names

Moderators state in many posts that if real names are used.............You can post and 'they can sue you not us' ........That statement in itself is a form of intimidation

The much vaunted forum specific to property agents/developers that was to be introduced a couple of years ago disappeared off the horizon or was restricted to a point where its effectiveness in warning other members of dodgy practices/developers had been removed

While I would prefer to use my time generating a useful and accurate report on the activities of a corrupt developer, I am instead criticising forum policy ..........In every practical sense all negative property discussion is discouraged/banned by this forum

:banghead: