Farang Bar Owner breaks a guys arm

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Farang Bar Owner breaks a guys arm

Post by Khundon1975 »

With respect to you petercr the moderators do a thankless task and they have told you, if you have the proof and use your own name then you can post your findings.

Any business and this forum is a business, would be irresponsible in the extreme to allow people to post by hiding behind an avatar. To do so would be commercial suicide. I'm sure you would feel the same if some anonymous person posted unsubstantiated accusations against you.

Moderators state in many posts that if real names are used.............You can post and 'they can sue you not us' ........That statement in itself is a form of intimidation

Intimidation? no, just fact. One long drawn out law suite would see this forum closed, no one wants to risk that. Try it on any Thai forum and the moderators would say the same thing to you.

Personally, I would love to see the scum named and shamed, to warn those yet to invest in property here in Hua Hin, but I doubt I ever will. Anyway, there is enough evidence of the scammers on Google for those who care to look.

Tough I know, but we all have to abide by the rules.

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
petercr

Post by petercr »

Khundon1975 wrote:With respect to you petercr the moderators do a thankless task and they have told you, if you have the proof and use your own name then you can post your findings.

Any business and this forum is a business, would be irresponsible in the extreme to allow people to post by hiding behind an avatar. To do so would be commercial suicide. I'm sure you would feel the same if some anonymous person posted unsubstantiated accusations against you.

Moderators state in many posts that if real names are used.............You can post and 'they can sue you not us' ........That statement in itself is a form of intimidation

Intimidation? no, just fact. One long drawn out law suite would see this forum closed, no one wants to risk that. Try it on any Thai forum and the moderators would say the same thing to you.

Personally, I would love to see the scum named and shamed, to warn those yet to invest in property here in Hua Hin, but I doubt I ever will. Anyway, there is enough evidence of the scammers on Google for those who care to look.

Tough I know, but we all have to abide by the rules.

Fair comment Khundon.........I do not envy the moderators position, but I am unable to post effectively due to forum rules that are specific to property developers. None of my 'proof' could be referred to or published and even if that were not the case, rules again prevent me from naming the developer.

So, in practice can only say I know something about someone or some company that sometimes defrauds newcommers wanting to purchase a home in Hua Hin

Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

petercr wrote: There appear to be no other examples of specific groups of traders/business people singled out within forum rules......??

In this particular thread a specific bar business is named, in other threads there is damaging comment on specific restaurants with reference to food poisoning ...........and so on, this without the thread being locked or evidence of any serious Moderator intervention

Perhaps the Moderators will excuse my observation that there appears to be a double standard here

The forum 'Disclaimer & Limitation of Liability' seems to protect the forum/moderators interests in terms of content, so if an individual is prepared to post under their real name why is it necessary to effectively smother that content?? I also observe that none of the Moderators' use their full and real names

The much vaunted forum specific to property agents/developers that was to be introduced a couple of years ago disappeared off the horizon or was restricted to a point where its effectiveness in warning other members of dodgy practices/developers had been removed

While I would prefer to use my time generating a useful and accurate report on the activities of a corrupt developer, I am instead criticising forum policy ..........In every practical sense all negative property discussion is discouraged/banned by this forum

:banghead:
Things that are illegal in the country we operate are indeed discouraged, those include lese majeste and slander. As stated, why would we risk our business and the possibility of this forum being investigated and involved in courts of law for the sake of an argument/dispute involving two people we don't know, one of which wishes to remain anonymous. Common sense is the answer to that one, no self respecting newspaper editor would allow an article to run from an anonymous reporter with no solid evidence that would land his publication in court.

The reason for the discrepancy is that there is a large difference between a bar owner and a very well connected property developer who has, for example, the mayor, police, immigration and military in his pocket. This is why one has been named and the others need a very cautionary approach, again common sense is the answer and we have explained ourselves and attempted measures to alleviate this problem several times (none of which have been successful).

Now for the final time :offtopic:, it is not HHAD's fault that 'dodgy developers' are operating in Hua Hin. Any further questioning of our moderators and terms and conditions should be made by email or PM as stated within them.
Jack the lad
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jack the lad »

Lev wrote:
petercr wrote: There appear to be no other examples of specific groups of traders/business people singled out within forum rules......??

In this particular thread a specific bar business is named, in other threads there is damaging comment on specific restaurants with reference to food poisoning ...........and so on, this without the thread being locked or evidence of any serious Moderator intervention

Perhaps the Moderators will excuse my observation that there appears to be a double standard here

The forum 'Disclaimer & Limitation of Liability' seems to protect the forum/moderators interests in terms of content, so if an individual is prepared to post under their real name why is it necessary to effectively smother that content?? I also observe that none of the Moderators' use their full and real names

The much vaunted forum specific to property agents/developers that was to be introduced a couple of years ago disappeared off the horizon or was restricted to a point where its effectiveness in warning other members of dodgy practices/developers had been removed

While I would prefer to use my time generating a useful and accurate report on the activities of a corrupt developer, I am instead criticising forum policy ..........In every practical sense all negative property discussion is discouraged/banned by this forum

:banghead:
Things that are illegal in the country we operate are indeed discouraged, those include lese majeste and slander. As stated, why would we risk our business and the possibility of this forum being investigated and involved in courts of law for the sake of an argument/dispute involving two people we don't know, one of which wishes to remain anonymous. Common sense is the answer to that one, no self respecting newspaper editor would allow an article to run from an anonymous reporter with no solid evidence that would land his publication in court.

The reason for the discrepancy is that there is a large difference between a bar owner and a very well connected property developer who has, for example, the mayor, police, immigration and military in his pocket. This is why one has been named and the others need a very cautionary approach, again common sense is the answer and we have explained ourselves and attempted measures to alleviate this problem several times (none of which have been successful).

Now for the final time :offtopic:, it is not HHAD's fault that 'dodgy developers' are operating in Hua Hin. Any further questioning of our moderators and terms and conditions should be made by email or PM as stated within them.

Lev. You say there is a difference between a bar owner and a property developer because of their connections with people in authority.

Some bar owners may be very well connected and some property developers not.
You cannot assume that just because somebody has a certain business they all have the same connections. The bar owner who has now been named may have connections.
It would appear that you are prepared to allow people to be named and shamed who dont have the muscle to fight back.
I think it is important that a forum such as this finds a way to inform the public about the bad people in their midst, be it a property developer or a thug etc.
To prevent just one future heartache, sadness or death....It would be worth it.
Wouldn't it ?
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

"Jack the Lad", yes you have a good point, however after running this forum for 8 years we have a good idea which property developers will sue you and which ones will shoot you - we have seen both so do not wish to take the risk with either for what effectively is someone else's fight. There are plenty of warnings about property developers in this town on the internet.

If the bar owner in question did not carry out the attack then of course we will be happy to retract the information, issue an apology, and ban the person responsible for spreading lies. It is also very easy for anonymous people to say what they think we should do when they are not in the firing line.

Please note: this discussion has already taken place here so we (again) kindly ask that this thread remains on the topic of the incident and not on our policies. Any further attempts to derail this thread will result in it getting locked.
Jack the lad
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jack the lad »

Lev.
I was not attempting to "hijack" this thread. I just posted my thoughts on what was being posted by yourself and others.

Back to topic then.... Anybody got any more info on the "thug" ? has he been arrested yet?
Apparently he was with some golfing friends when this happened. Who were they ? Have they anything to say about the incident ?
Jack the lad
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jack the lad »

Nobody know anything ??
jackdeeladd
Novice
Novice

Post by jackdeeladd »

how about the incident in the golf club where he attacked a 75 year old golfer
had to be pulled off the man or he might have killed him no joke was told by someone who witnessed this a month or so back as far as i know it was in lake view

what type goes around beatin up old men
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

jackdeeladd

and...

Jack the lad

Posting together. Am I the only person who thinks this is odd?
If it's within arms reach, there's nothing to worry about!!
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Two different posters, the Original and dee semi-illiterate Copycat.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Eventually, these types of blockhead baffoons end up doing it to really the wrong person, doesn't have to be a known/connected/been here a while type of dude, just some nasty bastard that's on holiday that hasn't got a sense of humour and will sort him out as he's just taking the piss.

Eventually, he will meet his nemesis and be on the wrong end of a good hiding, justice will be served. Here endeth the lesson.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

jackdeeladd wrote:
what type goes around beatin up old men
a bully & a coward springs to mind, amongst a few other expletives that can't really be posted on a family forum :|
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Jack the lad
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jack the lad »

Farang wrote:Two different posters, the Original and dee semi-illiterate Copycat.
Farang,
You are correct, there is only one "Jack the lad". And that is I. ...The "jackdeelad" is probably a troll who dresses in the same clothing as "Lucan" ( see the golfing thread ).

To imitate is a form of compliment...Isn't it? Even such a poor one as this.
lucan
Novice
Novice

Post by lucan »

anyone who who calls himself jackthelad has to be a real sad case is it lad because you are retarded and still live with your mum or does it say something about your nasty sexual tastes.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

lucan, this thread is about a bar owner breaking somebody's arm. Please stop this personal attack now.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18