beer prices

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: beer prices

Post by GLCQuantum »

Sorry just realised... my above post was supposed to have Chang Export at no.6, not Chang Draft. Not important really.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

GLCQuantum wrote:Sorry just realised... my above post was..............Not important really.
I doubt that anybody will disagree with you GLCQ :cheers:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

^ :butt:

Thanks for that. :P
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

Had my cheapest beer in a bar the other night. I was looking for a bar Monday night to watch the Everton game and a new Thai bar/restaurant right at the very bottom of soi 88 by the railway crossing had it on.

Two large bottles of Leo for 100bt total, never seen large leo in/near centre for 50bt a bottle, plus they were greaaat company too
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

What was the bar called?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

Big Boy wrote:What was the bar called?

It was a thai name and I didn't get it, but it is literally the first bar on soi 88 as you cross the railroad, joins onto the taxi driver corner.

Always loads of thais in when live matches are on, looks like a few slips with odds are being passed around amongst the patrons
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Do you mean the Petchkasem side of the railway crossing?

Points 41; Position 18
steve2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by steve2 »

There is another significant difference when we compare the UK to here it’s the size of the beer. In the UK your getting 20 ozs here it’s almost half that. So comparing quantity and quality you’re still getting a better deal in the UK...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

blue05 was talking about LARGE bottles of beer at 50 Baht a bottle. A LARGE bottle is probably more than pint, for only £1.

Points 41; Position 18
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

Big Boy wrote:blue05 was talking about LARGE bottles of beer at 50 Baht a bottle. A LARGE bottle is probably more than pint, for only £1.
Correct and the bar is on the other side of the railway from petchakesem, literally the 1st bar on the right hand side maybe 10m after railway line
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

steve2 wrote:There is another significant difference when we compare the UK to here it’s the size of the beer. In the UK your getting 20 ozs here it’s almost half that. So comparing quantity and quality you’re still getting a better deal in the UK...
20 ozs=1 pint= 568 ml

1 large bottle of beer in Thailand = 640 ml. :?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

One of the differences I've noted when visiting Chiang Mai is the widespread use of large bottles in the bars, whereas everywhere else you only seem to find large bottles in restaurants.

More to the point is that the large bottles in CM are only marginally more expensive than the small ones in HH..

- If a bar in HH did a 'Happy hour' promotion offering a large bottle for the price of a small one it might be quite popular..

..what price do the bars actually have to pay for their beer these days?
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Post by Arcadian »

A big problem with a large beer is that it gets warm very quickly, unless you are a fast drinker of course.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Arcadian wrote:A big problem with a large beer is that it gets warm very quickly, unless you are a fast drinker of course.
3060000000049964.JPG
3060000000049964.JPG (20.26 KiB) Viewed 907 times
What every man needs for Christmas. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
mafiamind

Post by mafiamind »

prcscct wrote:
Arcadian wrote:A big problem with a large beer is that it gets warm very quickly, unless you are a fast drinker of course.
3060000000049964.JPG
What every man needs for Christmas. :D Pete :cheers:
That reminds me of some of the beer bars in South Korea. Some of these places had drink holders built into the table that were refrigerated.