Bar Papa Gita or Papa Gyta or something like that

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Bar Papa Gita or Papa Gyta or something like that

Post by richard »

The boss is a very nice guy :cheers: :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
curlybaggie

Post by curlybaggie »

i was in there a lot last week and it has a great atmosphere, you are right about the short cue,i seemed to be using it most of the time
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

Has anyone stayed at the guesthouse owned by the Papayita lady? It is towards Mamma Mia Italian restaurant and opposite a French restaurant.
I don't know what it is called but I believe it to be a Thai name.
I was just wondering about this as an alternative to Jings, if Jings are fully booked.
A website would be nice but I am unable to find one.
TIA
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

Hi gus
the papayita lady you refered to is a french guy called Roland.
I havent stayed in his guesthouse yet,but he did show me around it. Its called Victor guest house(after his son) and its down the road towards the fishing pier. Its a really nice place clean and a friendly atmosphere. Its done out in an old wooden antique style. I believe they do fresh croisants and posh coffee that get good comments. The only thing was not all of the rooms are ensuite(or at least they wasn't at christmas). Maybe somebody can tell you more but i hope this helps you
Howay the Lads!!!!
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

Thanks for that info bubbly, my fault for assuming a Thai lady(Rolands wife/girlfriend) owned the business. :)
I am not sure where they find their new customers from if they have no web site etc.
georgie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by georgie »

I was here the other night and I think it's now under new ownership - a different French guy seemed to be running the place. Still basically the same as before, though. I don't think he's changed anything.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

When I was in town in November/December I walked past Papayita several times a day, in the 4 weeks I never saw Rolands lady once.
She always called me Butterfly man, I can't think why. :)