[ADVERTORIAL] Souay Vista Social Club

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Souay Vista
Rookie
Rookie

Re -- those talented girls

Post by Souay Vista »

Hey Roy,

The night when we can pay the full and uninterrupted attention that your girls deserve would be on Sunday night. We don't have a band scheduled for that night - only a few musical friends coming around. We are saying that we're doing Country on Sundays, but it's a flexible kind of thing. If I know for sure you guys are coming then I will phone around to get some people out, because your gals are definitely worth hearing!!

Of course we will be glad to see you on any evening, and will do something to accommodate Aiesha and Kaela, if only for a few tunes. On Friday night we have the Blues jam night - where we will typically present a first set of rehearsed material with Kurt ("Dr. Blues"), Freddy, Tony - and me for part of that. After this the stage is open to any kind of wackiness... Then on Saturday we have our great new band 'Wild Wild West' -- now these guys will probably know stuff that Aiesha will know! I think they have their 'finger on the pulse' somewhat more than I do.
... Maybe y'all should be coming by everyday!
Souay Vista
Rookie
Rookie

Tuesday Blues @ SV

Post by Souay Vista »

Hi everybody,

We had our Tuesday Blues last night -- and it was fun! The first group to arrive were some old friends of SV - solid music lovers, particularly Country, but open to everything. Keith, 84, was up dancing with his wife Pat - and was up singing at the end -- his friends Dexter, David, Nicholas, and assorted wives also up dancing and carrying on.
I started off the evening with the acoustic guitar - I guess I played a good solid hour, and I'm told that my interpretations were sublime! (I am just wonderful!)
The second set was ridiculously good!!! Kurt (our resident Doctor) was joined by Joha (sp?) from Finland and Sergio from Spain. By then more people had arrived and it was the highlight of the evening - IT DOES NOT GET BETTER THAN THIS ! Anywhere!
Third set was improv and wackiness and some good blues mixed in...

A good time was had by everybody -- but then that's always our guarantee isn't it?

Tell your friends about us -- See you soon!!
Ciao for now.
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Re: Re -- those talented girls

Post by Winkie »

Souay Vista wrote:The night when we can pay the full and uninterrupted attention that your girls deserve would be on Sunday night. We don't have a band scheduled for that night - only a few musical friends coming around. We are saying that we're doing Country on Sundays, but it's a flexible kind of thing. If I know for sure you guys are coming then I will phone around to get some people out, because your gals are definitely worth hearing!!

Of course we will be glad to see you on any evening, and will do something to accommodate Aiesha and Kaela, if only for a few tunes. On Friday night we have the Blues jam night - where we will typically present a first set of rehearsed material with Kurt ("Dr. Blues"), Freddy, Tony - and me for part of that. After this the stage is open to any kind of wackiness... Then on Saturday we have our great new band 'Wild Wild West' -- now these guys will probably know stuff that Aiesha will know! I think they have their 'finger on the pulse' somewhat more than I do.
... Maybe y'all should be coming by everyday!
Maybe we'll drop round on Saturday then. Sunday not possible as we need to be back in BKK in the evening.

See you then
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
Alisa
Novice
Novice

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Souay Vista Social Club

Post by Alisa »

Hi to everybody =)

Couple of days ago we've spent a beautiful Souay Vista blues night in HH. The guys on the stage were - Kurt (guitars, vocal), Freddy (bass), Paul (guitars, vocal) and Thomas (drums) with a friend of him (soory, forgot the name)? talanted guitar player. We've come with two more musicians who were ready to rock and surely did. During the night the mood scale was constantly lifting up. Final crazy blues-rock session became the highlight and was amazing.

I must admit that the professional level of musicians is really high. But even if you're not a blues virtuoso they support you anyway. And you can always have a chat with them during the break sipping cold beer outside. Everybody is friendly and open.

The atmosphere in the bar is great also thanks to the charming owner Paul whose attitude, smile and care for the guests just make you feel fun and happy :)

So I advice you to visit Souay Vista. It's great. It's fun. It's good music. It's a place where you feel immediately - here you're welcome. :)
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Souay Vista Social Club

Post by Homer »

The band at Souay Vista is playing Freebird right now. They're playing it well, but .... Freebird? Really?

[Admin note: this advertorial has run its course and has not been renewed, thread locked.]