[ADVERTORIAL] Souay Vista Social Club

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Souay Vista Social Club

Post by JW »

Hey BB, its a ""REAL SOCIAL CLUB"", everyone welcome and well taken care of, its one of my favourite places in Hua Hin now - Paul has done something completeley new here in Hua Hin and is making into a real haven for live music lovers and musicians alike, some great talents turn up and entertain. Great Job Paul :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have no doubt about what it is, and it sounds interesting. What I'm not sure about is it's membership status. Every Social Club that I've known (only UK), you either had to pay an annual membership, or you had to be invited by an existing member, and pay a small cover charge. It is the membership and/or cover charge that I'm trying to get clarification on.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I think it's just the (unfortunate) name they chose here BB. It's not one of those kinds of social clubs. The name put us off at first too until we got a little more information.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks HHF, that is what I was thinking. It is quite an unfortunate choice of name, bearing in mind the implications it would have to any UK passing trade. If it were not for this forum, and your clarification, I would not dream of entering a place with such a name, without prior invitation.

The potential refusal could have been embarrassing.

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Hi All

Had the Advertorial advertised snooker,darts and dominoes in a dark and dingy building I would have understood the confusion,however the name Suay Vista Social Club conjures up a "homage" to the Cuban "Buena Vista Social Club" where Cuban musicians met up for jamming sessions.

Good luck to John and the crew,and I will certainly be taking a look soon.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Maybe, but only if you've heard of "Buena Vista Social Club" in the first place. Anyway, I've received my clarification (thanks guys), so I think we need to leave it now, and let Souay Vista to get on with his advertising.

Points 48; Position 20
Souay Vista
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Souay Vista »

Hi Friends,

Last night we had the 1st of our Country Music nights @ SV .
And it was very very fun! The star of the night was Adrian - pedal steel itself is very exotic - and he's very good on it too. He joined Reinhard and me at about 10:00 and played with us until 1:30 without a break. Reinhard played in the beginning for about 45 minutes - doing the well-known country hits, and also a great funny song, "Who The Fuck is Elvis!" .. Joined by Adrian, and then by Rene, from Norway who came up and played the bass for the last 2 hrs, and then Tot, from Eddi's band, came up and wailed on the electric (w/ low volume) for the last 40 mins, with his pal Freddie, from Denmark, singing a few and slappin' the rhythm box for the rest of the time. People had the BEST time!! This thing might work!

We'll have Adrian for only the next 2 weeks, so I would encourage each and every one of you to come and listen to him before he leaves. He'll be coming on Tuesday for the new 'acoustic' blues jam and again for C&W@SV next Thursday.

Today, the Friday Blues Jam.

More as the world turns..
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote:Maybe, but only if you've heard of "Buena Vista Social Club" in the first place.
They are very good!! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Thanks for the tip, JW. Suai Vista hamburger really is a treat. Goes down well with a frothy and some live music.

Both highly recommended!
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Pleased you liked it! I will be there Friday night and might try the pork loin! O and some music. Cheers
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

Post by bozzman101 »

hi do i need to bring an amp too can do as i like the sound out of it !!!!friday night blues jam sounds cool !!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
Souay Vista
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Souay Vista »

Re: the Friday night jam session -- No, you don't need to bring an amp. Just bring along your axe and a little pinch of attitude!
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

Post by bozzman101 »

what time ????
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
Souay Vista
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Souay Vista »

The Friday Blues jam starts at about 9:00 but people often come a little bit early to get one of the SV hamburgers. There's often some acoustic 'pre-jam' jamming going on.
Souay Vista
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Souay Vista »

Last night (Wednesday) we had Eddi and the "Gangbusters" (nickname for now) playing and they featured a new bass player. This guy, Lek, is a fantastic player and his effect on the band was interesting -- the other players were excited by his presence and their playing was elevated up another notch. His English is very good, he's a good singer, excellent bass player and charismatic as hell! He looks cool too! If you are familiar with the Stone Band, you might think of Lek as being a combination of Blaine (their bass player) and Cartoon (lead gtr and vocals). It was an amazing night!! Come an hear them -- Mondays and Wednesdays.