[ADVERTORIAL] Souay Vista Social Club

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

[ADVERTORIAL] Souay Vista Social Club

Post by Lev »

ADVERTORIAL

Souay Vista Social Club
The SOUAY VISTA SOCIAL CLUB is a restaurant, a pub and a live music venue in Hua Hin. There is live music every night - featuring many styles, from soft jazzy acoustic with vocals, instrumental nylon/classical guitar, folk, blues, country, country blues to classic rock The place is a kind of ‘musical crossroads’-a melting pot of musicians and styles, where one moment you might be enjoying (even singing along with) a decent campfire guitarist, and then the next being awestruck by a master musician who is passing through.
At Souay Vista everybody is having fun, and the patrons are a part of it all.

And it’s a place where birds of a feather naturally flock to discover new friends — a Social Club!!

Where is it? On Soi 94, 1 km. west of the railway tracks, and 100 metres past the little ‘jog’ in the road. It’s on the right.

The weekly MUSIC MENU: (subject to spontaneous change)

SUNDAY night – ‘D7’, a great Phillipine band –very polished and full of charm and energy - on loan from the Hilton one night a week only!
MONDAY and WEDNESDAY –- Eddi and the ‘Gang’– a local band from HuaHin, also featuring Act, a female singer – they play a wide variety of modern and classic rock - loads of charisma, and they’re user friendly!
FRIDAY nights – blues jam session with the Souay Vista Blues Band-it’s a rockin’ good party! Bring your axe.
On the other nights there are no scheduled bands at this time, but you can be sure that there’s always something going on. It’s often an acoustic jam/open mic situation, and depends on who happens to drop in.

Check this site frequently for updates. Or call 086 002 9368 for information.
svsc.jpg
svsc.jpg (77.21 KiB) Viewed 6340 times
Please use this thread to ask any questions and communicate with establishment representatives who may also respond here.

Click here if you are interested in having your own monthly updated advertorial thread on Hua Hin's busiest website
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Souay Vista Social Club

Post by JW »

They do great food also, the burgers are up there with the best! :thumb:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Is it a full menu? Thai food? Sandwiches and snacks only, which is ok? Price point?

I've been interested in this place for a while but as we don't go out much at night we've never tried it. With more information we just might make it a place we use as that weekly exception as we both (the missus and I) love live music and it's not downtown in the tourist area which is a plus for us.

More details please... inquiring minds want to know before they go! :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

I absolutely guarantee that burger HHF, if you have one and dont like it i will buy you a beer! I know there is thai menu too but I never actually got to the menu - the owner (Paul) told me about the burger and I went for it and have several times since! Friday nights are cool, bluesy rock and some really good people.
I will see if Paul can post his menu for all to see.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

It’s good to see Suai Vista among the venues more prominently displayed in HHAD.
Advertorial is a damn good way for the clients, the venuerer (if there is no such word,
there should be!) and the musicians to interact and to keep us common people
posted as to what’s coming down in the very best live music venue in HH.

Yes, the very best, hands down. Suai Vista has the best feeling, the friendliest
staff and crowd, the music is close and present yet not overpowering as in many
other venues, where the venuerer (told you!) hides the lack of musicians’ skill
under an avalanche of cacophony. (yes, there is such a word)

I have been rather frequent a visitor in Suai Vista and have always felt appreciated
and welcome. This witness is borne by many of my friends, some of whom I have
dragged to SV at gun-point but who now are regulars.

You’ll be a one, too, after your first visit. Go there and have fun!

"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

JW wrote:I absolutely guarantee that burger HHF, if you have one and dont like it i will buy you a beer! I know there is thai menu too but I never actually got to the menu - the owner (Paul) told me about the burger and I went for it and have several times since! Friday nights are cool, bluesy rock and some really good people.
I will see if Paul can post his menu for all to see.
Did Paul ever have the place on Nebkehardt called 'Grandmas kitchen' or something like that?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Dont think so, I think that was the lady called Tik who has just opened in Soi 112.
Souay Vista
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Souay Vista »

To answer the question regarding the menu, we are always adding more goodies as we are now open at 11:00 in the morning.......(BTW, we have happy hour from 11:00 til 7:00, lunch specials and chang and leo 60B)........but i digress.....To give you an idea of our prices, our burgers are 80B. Which is pretty doggone good if you ask me! If you are farang and you come with a Thai person, they are more than welcome to invade the kitchen and speak with the cook about specialty food that we may not have listed on the menu. Hope that answers at least some of your questions, and we hope to see you there soon! :D
Souay Vista
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Souay Vista »

Hi friends,

Just another 'kwikkie' to give y'all the latest inside scoop -- first a little summary of last night (Saturday) with Pinoy. He came and he played - alone
for about an hour -- then was joined by Drew on bass and myself (Paul) helping out with percussion and violin. As it turned out the blues guys who
were supposed to come by to jam didn't show up -- but Adrian did! This man is an excellent pedal steel guitar player from Holland. He came last
week for a short session and again on this Friday's jam. He arrived just before Pinoy's break time, so he set up and he and I began to play. And
of course, it being a pedal steel, we got into some Country blues. well then Pinoy came back on with a huge grin on his face, and we had a blast
-- went on 'til 2:00 AM and the people were dancing and getting more and more ridiculous.... Rene (from Norway) played bass, Pinoy is a great
Country player, Adrian's playing was fabulous.... and Chintana's daughter Janet got up and sang 3 or 4 songs. What a strong voice! -- we'll have
her up again for sure.

Moving right along -- we've changed the music schedule a little:

BLUES :
We've been wanting to have a second blues night but just not on consecutive nights. The blues on Saturday is now going to happen on Tuesday --
Friday blues will remain the same, with Peter and the Souay Vista Blues Band. These guys are serious and they work hard -- working out new material
on their own, and then coming in to practice and put all together. So they sound very good together, and naturally they want to run through their new
stuff in the early sets. Meanwhile there are some other good players standing by and wanting to play, so it's really a proper jam session only in the
later sets. It's a really popular night and nobody wants to change anything about it -- we are simply adding to it by putting in the Tuesday, because
the demand seems to be there. Come check it out...

In other news, our pedal steel player, Adrian will be here for 3 weeks. He joined the jam this past Friday, and will be attending the new jam on
Tuesday as well. But Country music is what the pedal steel is built for -- and this man plays it extremely well! For some time I have been wanting
to have a night @SV for Country music, so now that Adrian is here it seems that the time is right. So Thursday nights it is! We will be joined by Tot,
(the guitarist who plays with Eddi), Rene on bass (?), Bruce on fiddle (?) Yo and Andrew on guitars and rhythm box...etc etc. Yee Ha!!!

And I should emphasize just a little more just how good the Sunday night (D7) band is -- they are VERY good!! (!) We have them on loan from the
Hilton one night a week. There they are a 7 piece band -- at SV they are 3, sometimes 4 and 5. It doesn't matter -- any configuration of these guys
is simply wonderful!

Eddi and the "Gang" -- it's a band formed only a few months ago - a temporary group looking like they will be around for a while. Also featuring a
young woman, Act, who has the talent to become a sort of 'Thai Janis Joplin' -- the band is very friendly and flexible. They are prepared to try anything
-- if a guest wants to sing something, they'll give it a go! And of course Eddi is always Eddi -- a charismatic performer with a great self-effacing charm!
He has his loyal following, just as the Stone Band does.

So here is the schedule for now:

SUNDAY -- D7
MONDAY and WEDNESDAY -- Eddi and the 'Gang'
TUESDAY -- Blues jam session (the new one)
THURSDAY -- Country jam session
FRIDAY -- Souay Vista Blues Band - jam session
SATURDAY -- open for special events -- for now Yo plays (and is joined by various friends)

Well, I promised a 'quickie' and here I've run on and on -- but, hey, music is important!!

So come by soon and check out some of this stuff -- we have something for everyone...

See you all soon.

Cheers,
Paul
Souay Vista
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Souay Vista »

Hi Friends,

Yes, we had yet another interesting night at Souay Vista.

Last night (Sunday) we had the Phillipine guys, 'D7' playing, and it was
really good, and we had a decent house -- not full, but enough
people that some energy was being generated. Then it started to rain and a
wind picked up, and then it rained heavily. And then the power
went out at about 11:00. So these 3 guys picked up guitars (2 nylon string
and 1 acoustic) and played acoustically -- with the rhythm box
and the violin joining in as well. We lit a few candles and it was quiet and
intimate.
Then at 11:30 a group of about 8 Norwegians came in -- one of them the Dad
-- maybe a mom as well -- couldn't see too well
in the darkness -- all of them seemed to be in their early 20's.
The power came on momentarily and the band finished for the night with
'Mustang Sally', then it went out again and was out for the night.
Two of the band members left, but one one of them, Yash, stayed -- he
would have gotten soaked had he left, and besides he was already \
having so much fun playing and singing...

So, with no power and 2 candles burning, and pouring rain outside -- the
party started! There was this group of 8 and a few other patrons
who also stayed, including the young woman, Janet, who had sang the previous
evening. Yash did most of the playing because he was the
same age as most of the group -- and it was amazing! One of the young
women, Illen (sp ? was a very (VERY!) good singer and she sang and
sang -- everything she started, Yash knew it! Somebody would occasionally
request an older song, which I (Paul) was able to do. Dini (one of
the SV partners) sang a few as well -- and she is a potential Etta James! (a
little 'powerhouse' with a huge voice!) Janet sang several as well --
another huge voice! It was a regular talent show!

This little party rocked on until 2:30. (when the rain stopped). The
Norwegian group were all surprised to discover that their (family?) member
Illen could even sing like that -- they were quite blown away! Everybody
left in a euphoric mood, all of them saying that they will be back next
Sunday night to hear Janet, Illen and Dini sing with the band!

It takes a place like Souay Vista for a thing like this happen!!

See you soon
Paul
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

What time does the music start on a Sunday and if it's an afternoon thing, can i come with baby and 16 year old stepson.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sounds quite cozy, but great fun - can the power outages be arranged to order? :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Do not the people joining in a jam session have to have work permits?

Some establishments carry a sign saying no jamming unless with a WP

Sounds great fun :blues:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Souay Vista
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Souay Vista »

I've posted the two 'friends' letters (above) just now -- I must have not pressed the 'submit' key when I posted them. They're a few days old, but very relevant.
In other news, last night we had the first of our new Tuesday night Blues jams. It was fun - we had Adrian playing the pedal steel, Yo on guitar and Jack on harmonica. People were requesting mostly Country songs -- so we played lots of Country Blues.
Thursday is Country Music night @ Souay Vista -- it's a new thing! Come check it out.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Souay Vista, you call your establishment a Social Club. To me, that conjures up a vision of 'Members Only' and restricted entry. In the UK, I would not dream of entering an establishment that had Social Club in it's name, unless by personal invite from an existing member.

Is this just a name, or are there admission implications please?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18