Binta Block Red Light District or Bar District

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Binta Block Red Light District or Bar District

Post by kendo »

Opinions please this thread is inspired from another thread where it was suggested to me quote - Maybe a pregnant missus shouldn't be on the Binta... :tsk:

Now i don't look at the Binta as a red light area, sure there are girls on bars and drinking in them too :shock: but i only see one chrome poll last year and no Go Go signs anywhere it's all really very low key and not offensive.

I walked down soi 6 in Pattaya with the mrs and kids looking for a friend to watch the world cup with, that lives there and i had girls trying to drag me into bars and the mrs had to give them a few choice words.

I think Hua Hin is very tame and safe, for me perfect, two years ago visited my Danish friend Per in Samui and i thought it was very over rated, the only bar i really enjoyed was the Ark bar beach party, i have had better time with some expats around the Binta Block and have no issue's about going out as a family around there its always good to bump into familiar friends from the previous years.

Opinions please :thumb:

Kendo. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Binta Block Red Light District or Bar District

Post by sateeb »

With you on this one Kendo...Binta can be anything you want it to be
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

ive been to thailand for years on holiday and have lived here for several years now and i would say the binta baht is ok for families etc its what ever you want it to be ,for everyone i dont see it as a seedy place ,ive seen worse in many places here even up north ,but as you say soi 6 pattaya is quite the opposite
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

My take on this is that if a Farang took his expectant lady down Binta Soi, and decided to have a drink in a bar then providing the lady could sit in comfort..bar not to busy, no mega speakers blasting out, no lady-boys barking at each other (at their usual 'get full attention' volume :cuss: ), maybe under a fan, not in the doorway so have to constantly pull-in her legs...then I reckon all would be fine, and even the most hard-faced Binta-cows would mellow and be polite and attentive towards the couple.
Some of the bigger bars are hell-on-earth, others have space & can be comfortable. :cheers:
Am I making any sense here.. :wink:
burnling
Rookie
Rookie

Post by burnling »

If I remember correctley I would say that binta block is okay and you can find some quiet places to sit there.
Like on the opposite side of the road of the fish spa were some nice and quiet place.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

usual suspect wrote:My take on this is that if a Farang took his expectant lady down Binta Soi, and decided to have a drink in a bar then providing the lady could sit in comfort..bar not to busy, no mega speakers blasting out, no lady-boys barking at each other (at their usual 'get full attention' volume :cuss: ), maybe under a fan, not in the doorway so have to constantly pull-in her legs...then I reckon all would be fine, and even the most hard-faced Binta-cows would mellow and be polite and attentive towards the couple.
Some of the bigger bars are hell-on-earth, others have space & can be comfortable. :cheers:

We sat in your bar with Richard and his other visiting friends from Jersey my wife Palini was quite happy and comfortable being 6 months pregnant is not an illness, we even went swimming most days down the Sport Villa.

Kendo.

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

kendo wrote:
usual suspect wrote:My take on this is that if a Farang took his expectant lady down Binta Soi, and decided to have a drink in a bar then providing the lady could sit in comfort..bar not to busy, no mega speakers blasting out, no lady-boys barking at each other (at their usual 'get full attention' volume :cuss: ), maybe under a fan, not in the doorway so have to constantly pull-in her legs...then I reckon all would be fine, and even the most hard-faced Binta-cows would mellow and be polite and attentive towards the couple.

We sat in your bar with Richard and his other visiting friends from Jersey my wife Palini was quite happy and comfortable being 6 months pregnant is not an illness, we even went swimming most days down the Sport Villa.

Kendo.
Remember it well Ken but it is now noisier from Romantic up to Poonsuk as all bars are competing to see whos speakers break up first. A polite conversation in Romantic after 9pm is now impossible due to the noise coming from all directions (except the Romantic sound system) without shouting and sign language. Thank Buddha I'm deaf

On the subject of red light district antics it does go on but is always conducted discreetly away from the visible bar area so is not noticed
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
KateB

Post by KateB »

For me, it's a bar district - most definitely.

:cheers:
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Post by chopsticks »

It's up to each individual to make their own choice, some women won't be at all bothered by the surroundings whereas others may be embarrassed to be taken to such an area and will feel uncomfortable about being seen there and the association it may bring although not openly saying so.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

sateeb wrote:With you on this one Kendo...Binta can be anything you want it to be
Second that
:cheers:
A friend is only one click away
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Oh dear US are you having a bad week duck? (Pedestrians - fireworks - Binta cows - :wink: )
But rest assured that a) there is no way Binta is a red light district and b) as Kendo says, pregnancy is not an illness!

Is there something you're not telling us maybe? (counts out months back in HH on fingers - realise I'm half a finger short.)
Seriously that noisy music at the Poolsuk end can be an issue, but neighbours have a habit of moving on. Come low season they could be the ones struggling.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Maybe I need a holiday..a hill-top sala above Chaing Rai.. 5-5.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Get back t' jungle lad
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

.....it is now noisier from Romantic up to Poonsuk as all bars are competing to see whos speakers break up first. A polite conversation in Romantic after 9pm is now impossible due to the noise coming from all directions......
It's mainly the noise that keeps me from drinking in Bintabaht when I'm in Hua Hin; my hearing is a bit goosed from working with jet aircraft for thirty years and I find that sort of racket to be intolerable now. (The frequency response is going so you just hear a sort of loud blur of sound.)
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I am surprised they can get away with keep cranking the volume, very little respect being shown to the temple.
From what I remember it was pumping last year anyway :shock: we would not stay in a bar where you can't have a conversation without shouting.

Chris maybe that's half the problem that pedestrians can't hear you coming on your moped, maybe you should buy one of those horns with the rubber bulb that you squeeze. :mrgreen:

Kendo. :cheers: