Bars on Soi 80 (incl photos)

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Re: Bars on Soi 80 (incl photos)

Post by dalmatiandave »

Dannie Boy wrote:
richard wrote:
Do we have any stories of people completing the stretch in a single session, or probably funnier, failing part way through?
I think many but many too ashamed to post. Why not start with your fellow mods? :duck:
On the basis that there are 40+ bars (not including restaurants) on Soi 80, I think that the vast majority would fail half way through a bar crawl.
Must admit the only reason to visit the majority of the bars on Soi 80 is because you need a drink not for the company as the quality is dramatically lacking. I don't drink much so for me about 5 bars are worth going into should you need eye candy.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Liver discussion :banghead: moved to feeding time viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20363&p=346662#p346662
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote:Liver discussion :banghead: moved to feeding time viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20363&p=346662#p346662
Wrong kind of liver to discuss on this thread?? :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Big Boy thanks for your pictures, I have a friend who hopes to be alive in the next year or so and
plans to visit soi 80 and bintabat area one more time. Right now tho he is in the CICU in a
hospital trying to live until this coming Winter. Unfortunately the only bar picture I took is the one
in Bintabat area, Pic included for reference. I do however plan to stroll down Soi 80 and other
haunts in HH, even if it is to honor the memory of my friend.
Stargeezer
Attachments
view toward Hilton
view toward Hilton
C11.jpg (85.22 KiB) Viewed 1708 times
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
SilverFox21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SilverFox21 »

Thanks for the updated map. It helps heaps when I am a newbie to HH.
guy1307
Rookie
Rookie

Soi 80 - Bintabaht

Post by guy1307 »

Is there a difference between soi 80 and Bintabaht area.
Different kind of nightlife perhaps oir is it same same?
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

hi,
I'm not sure where to post this...a few friends are coming over for a holiday, first time in Thailand...after they asked me, i sent a few photos of some of the bars in soi 80....the first comment was ''are there any bars where the cast of The Last of the Summer Wine dont hang out'' lol...there words not mine...but can see there point, no one wants to see their grand-dad fondling a girl in her 20's lol.
So is there a bar(s) for younger people (not nightclub)
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Luk Nam if you are feeling brave
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

theprice01 wrote:hi,
I'm not sure where to post this...a few friends are coming over for a holiday, first time in Thailand...after they asked me, i sent a few photos of some of the bars in soi 80....the first comment was ''are there any bars where the cast of The Last of the Summer Wine dont hang out'' lol...there words not mine...but can see there point, no one wants to see their grand-dad fondling a girl in her 20's lol.
So is there a bar(s) for younger people (not nightclub)
You want bars with girls but no granddads? Or you want bars without girls (probably still a few granddads but not fondling anyone, at least)?

If you want the first then your kind of out of luck. No bars have a "maximum age" policy, and grandads gonna go where the pretty girls work.

If you want bars without [self-hosted] girls, there's Monti, SamSam and Boat House/Brew House along the Hilton stretch, Ye Olde Buffalo Tavern not far away. A few in Khao Takieb. A few on the road which runs parallel to Petchasem. A couple in the night market. And plenty of Thai style bars around.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Hua Hin is a retirement town. The average age of an expat you find in a bar is probably over 50. There are younger guys who live and work here, but a lot of them are married with families and don't hang out in girly bars.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

hhfarang, you know as well as me that even guys who live and work here and even married hang out in girly bars. That's why we are in Thailand.

guy1307, difference between Binta and soi 80 is simple: Most or even all bars of soi 80 have short time rooms.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

europtimiste wrote:hhfarang, you know as well as me that even guys who live and work here and even married hang out in girly bars. That's why we are in Thailand.

guy1307, difference between Binta and soi 80 is simple: Most or even all bars of soi 80 have short time rooms.
So do a lot in Binta
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

Thank you Pleng :), yes, i believe they would be looking for girls to go out with. they all think it will be really hard to find girls lol, i'v told them them they shouldn't find it so difficult :D
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

That's why we are in Thailand.
Pretty sad reason for picking a place to live. :tsk:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

No, hhfarang, there is also the perfect climate.