Bars on Soi 80 (incl photos)

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
cyberpete
Rookie
Rookie

Bars on Soi 80 (incl photos)

Post by cyberpete »

Anyone that can tell me the names of the bars at Soi 80 ? Visited one that was really nice and fun but cant remember the name of it....
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: Bars on Soi 80

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Sports Lounge
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

There's almost hundreds, and they change hands fairly frequently! When did you go? What features did the bar have? Outside seating? Pool table? Do you know if the served food? etc..
cyberpete
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cyberpete »

Small bar, no pool table. Maybe 100-150 meters or so from main road. Was there a few weeks ago. Dont remember seeing any food service there.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

cyberpete wrote:Small bar, no pool table. Maybe 100-150 meters or so from main road. Was there a few weeks ago. Dont remember seeing any food service there.
Ok that's probably Mai Lee's bar, it's 132 metres from the 7 eleven on the corner and then next is Biker joes at 148 meters. Sports lounge is well before that at about 95 metres.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Soi 80 guru, nice one Jimmy!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

JimmyGreaves wrote:Ok that's probably Mai Lee's bar, it's 132 metres from the 7 eleven on the corner and then next is Biker joes at 148 meters. Sports lounge is well before that at about 95 metres.
:bow: :bow: Well impressed at such accuracy :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Big Boy wrote:
JimmyGreaves wrote:Ok that's probably Mai Lee's bar, it's 132 metres from the 7 eleven on the corner and then next is Biker joes at 148 meters. Sports lounge is well before that at about 95 metres.
:bow: :bow: Well impressed at such accuracy :D
Yes I was involved in the new road widening survey for this soi and have all the calculations written and stored on my Windows 2008 R2 clustered server.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

cyberpete wrote:Anyone that can tell me the names of the bars at Soi 80 ? Visited one that was really nice and fun but cant remember the name of it....
Are there BARS in Soi 80? BARS??? Surprise, surprise!

Judging from the clientele I see when passing by on my motorcy I thought they were Preventive Mental Care Institutions for Misguided Young Countryside Women (PMCIMYCWs),
or perpaps even Halfway Houses for Elderly Financially and Otherwise Incapacitated Gentlemen of Predominantly British and Colonial Origin (HHEFOIGPBCOs)...

:run:

:cheers:
A friend is only one click away
cyberpete
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cyberpete »

I belive the names u said are not right. Atleast what i can remember. There was a young girl 20-25 working there that went by the name [Mod Edit-no names please] or something like that if i remember right.

Adding a picture of the layout as i can remember it. The bar area itself ( not including backrooms was maybe 4x6 meters.

forumbilder,se/show.aspx?iid=ae120121058010029

replace , with a .
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

cyberpete wrote:I belive the names u said are not right.
:thumb: :laugh:
This is the way
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

cyberpete wrote:I belive the names u said are not right. Atleast what i can remember. There was a young girl 20-25 working there that went by the name [Mod Edit-no names please] or something like that if i remember right.
Wasn't 'Linda's Bar' was it?
cyberpete wrote:The bar area itself was maybe 4x6 meters
Wasn't a swimming pool was it?

I'm going down there in a minute, I'll have a look. Given the recession and downturn in farang visitors to HH over recent years, it's pretty amazing how that little Soi has flourished with all the new bars, eateries, salons, tattoo artists, pith artists, wapists and chutney ferrets that now inhabit it.

'Boum's Pizza restaurant', pronounced locally as 'Boum's Pizza restaurant', is a great little addition. Got their own pizza oven and do a pretty tidy pizza for around 140 Baht. It's not massive, but for me the ideal size for a meal that doesn't leave you feeling you just put on 5 pounds.

SJ
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Where's Soi 80?

Is it the the one between 78 and 82?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

richard wrote:Where's Soi 80?

Yeah I know your math is long gone Richard, but how hard can it be? :D
Maybe soi Sarawat will spark and ignite some of your redundant cogwheels?
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Norseman wrote:
richard wrote:Where's Soi 80?

Yeah I know your math is long gone Richard, but how hard can it be? :D
Maybe soi Sarawat will spark and ignite some of your redundant cogwheels?
Not to be confused with the soi running parallel with Soi 80 and doesn't have a name and is therefore also called Soi 80 - I used to live there many moons ago. Soi 80 = Soi Sarawat, after the policeman who built the houses reportedly with funds of unspeakable origin....
A friend is only one click away