Very Late Night Entertainment

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Big Boy

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by Big Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:Yeah, fair enough, BB - walked straight into that one!! :cuss: :banghead: :laugh:
:lach:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Albie Quick

Post by Albie Quick »

Doggie, I was an avid follower of 'It's a Knockout' , but who is 'Stu Green'?
[i]'The ability to recognise the extent of your knowledge on any particular subject is a condition which, (unfortunately), far too few people are afflicted with'.[/i]
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

Is Insomnia behind the Grand Hotel?
Doggles
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Doggles »

Albie Quick wrote:Doggie, I was an avid follower of 'It's a Knockout' , but who is 'Stu Green'?
Ha ha, apologies that should have been Stu Hall. Getting my 5 Live commentators mixed up :oops:
So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

advocate wrote:Is Insomnia behind the Grand Hotel?
You go West across Soi 88 train lines, immediate left before the 7-11's, then next right onto the cut-through to Soi 94 Amara Inn-Bar Tender junction. It's on the right maybe 100m past Railway Tavern. It's not related to Bangkok/Pattaya Insomnia's. More likely twinned with T'Tavern. Said in my best Northern accent. Enfield.

:cheers:
SJ
Huahinian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Huahinian »

Dannie Boy wrote:I couldn't see Richard in the audience............unless it was him holding the camera :laugh:
It couldn't have been Richard as the operator removed the lens cap! :D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Hi,

I have been driving past Insomnia 100s of times. Is it open for business? If this is a popular place night time I find it strange that there isn't any more traffic during late hours. Anyone here which can tell me about this place, of it's open for business, and/or worth going?
YNWA
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

its closed down ,i heard it was only open 2 months
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Why are so many short term tourists fixated on the possibility of late drinking?

Most tourists to the kingdom have to make substantial changes to their watches when they arrive, after which they hardly ever need to look at them.

So why not adopt your own personal timezone, and set your watch to local time + 3 hours, ignoring all the other time pieces that are around?

If you're from europe, the sun will still go down at roughly the same time (at the moment) you'll be able to drink late, and the broad opening hours of the eateries mean you'll scarcely notice the difference..

- Why worry?
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

uncle tom wrote:Why are so many short term tourists fixated on the possibility of late drinking?
Oh please don't start this argument in yet another thread!
This is the way
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

dtaai-maai wrote:
uncle tom wrote:Why are so many short term tourists fixated on the possibility of late drinking?
Oh please don't start this argument in yet another thread!
promise,I say nothing :D :D

:cheers: :cheers:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Come on guys. We all know Uncle Tom likes to be in bed early :naughty:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Seriously man? You're actually asking this question again?

And why am I even responding? You're just going to ignore it and ask the same question again in a few weeks (or days, I guess).

For what it's worth, here's a couple of reasons they might care. I shall bookmark it an refer you back to it next time you ask...

FIRSTLY, I imagine most tourists have got better things to do with their time during the day than going out to bars.

SECONDLY, of the few tourists who are only here for a drinks binge [in which case you could extend your question to 'why bother to leave your home country at all...'], some of them may well be visiting friends or relatives who don't finish work until late.

THIRDLY, the climate is a lot less forgiving in the evenings than it is in the day time

And the whole argument of 'just start earlier' is flawed anyway. It assumes that most people go out to get drunk to a certain level, know exactly when they reach that level, and then call it a day. Maybe you function like this, but the majority of us don't. As it happens, I actually happen to like a drink in the afternoon on my day off. And if I'm 'on my own', I will in fact generally head home well before the bars close anyway - wouldn't have been the case a few years ago, mind. However if I'm out with my girlfriend and/or a group of friends the beers will turn to whiskey and the boundaries will generally end up being pushed, and I'll still often end up staying out until closing time regardless of what time I started.

Now... is there anything about the above points that you still are unable to comprehend?
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

^^ I agree, different strokes for different folks! I enjoy afternoon beers much more than late night beers but I will never tell another person when they should drink and what time they should be in bed. Uncle Tom we all know what you prefer and that is great you have overcome and adapted to the laws here but not everyone is going to want to spend there time exactly as you do.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I suppose another point is that many tourists will spend a substantial part of the evening from about 20.00 onwards eating a leisurely meal in a restaurant or hotel and might chose to visit a bar after that, so if they close at 24.00, it doesn't leave much time for drinking. Here where I work in Europe bars start to get busy around 23.00 when restaurants close as people don't rush their meals, they tend to sit afterwards drinking coffee and cognac before moving on to a bar.