Moonlight Bar

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Lee1975
Professional
Professional

Moonlight Bar

Post by Lee1975 »

When i was recently in Hua Hin, moonlight bar was getting a makeover and it looked to be extending out the back.
Has it re-opened and anyone know what it is like in there?
Is it still a "girly bar" or is it now more to do with live music?
The only things I regret are the things I didn't do
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Moonlight Bar

Post by Pagey »

I walked past one day last week and they had a live band playing at the back of the bar. :thumb:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

That's good news, one of my favourite bars, maybe because it's close to my room. :) The pool table was towards the back, I guess that has moved.
Whenever I have been in town the Moonlight seems to have under performed for its size etc I think there is a family connection with the late night disco place, China Whites/Jean Olives?
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

I agree with Gus, its an attractive bar in the old wooden house but I've never really had a good time there. Underperforms is a good way to put it.
Happiness can't buy money
Braveheart
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Braveheart »

Moonlight is one of the bars I have never been in,arriving in Hua Hin on Monday, so will pop in at some point to check it out.
Lee1975
Professional
Professional

Post by Lee1975 »

Gus wrote:That's good news, one of my favourite bars, maybe because it's close to my room. :) The pool table was towards the back, I guess that has moved.
Whenever I have been in town the Moonlight seems to have under performed for its size etc I think there is a family connection with the late night disco place, China Whites/Jean Olives?
Yeah your right Gus, the bloke who owns Jean Olivia owns the moonlight now and some of the staff work at both, one of the girls who works at Jean Olivia is the mamasans daughter
The only things I regret are the things I didn't do
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

They have done a fantastic job, the places looks great, beers are cold. At the moment one guy plays guitar with recorded backing, he is good but they need to get some more players to work with the guy. I hope it does well...... they have spent a ton of cash on it!
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

When I first landed up there late 2007 to mid 2008, it was quite busy and I spent quite a bit of time there. Like many, it suffered during the airport fiasco (amongst others), but somehow just never seemed to recover. It looked nice enough, but shorn of customers, the atmosphere just wasn't appealing.
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....