More hassle for bar-owners..

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

More hassle for bar-owners..

Post by usual suspect »

As regulars know it's a constant struggle when the local authority does not/will not accept the fact that tourists actually WANT/LIKE to spend the money they've just exchanged (at the very questionable/suppressed rate.) buying drinks in the bars down Bintabaat & Selekam (etc).
OK, so Xmas & N.Yr is now on the 'back-burner', but it is still High-season..
So tonight at around 11.00 representatives of the HH Amphur (all 2 of them in their black t-shirts + official 'access-all-areas' tags) came down the main Soi of bars & in a quite heavy-handed fashion (mainly due to the tags around their necks) told each bar to remove it's 'outside' tables + stools off the street..So we have tourists chatting & drinking, soaking up the Thai ambience when they get this action demanded upon them.. :tsk: :tsk:
All the bar-owners were both angry & a bit perplexed at this..no notice to request the absence of tables+stools in the St..oh no..just heavy-handed action when the Street is full of tourists enjoying the evening & SPENDING MONEY.. :cheers: :cheers:

Wake up HH + let your tourists spend their money..try have the foresight to think they may book again next year.. :banghead: (rant over).
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: More hassle for bar-owners..

Post by Lung Per »

Did you raise your concern with the appropriate authorities? Just curious.
:cheers:
A friend is only one click away
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lung Per wrote:Did you raise your concern with the appropriate authorities? Just curious.
You mean between 11 pm and 2 am?
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I must say, during my recent to Pattaya, everybody seemed to know how to play the game to get the biggest revenue return from visitors. Despite their other problems, there was no visible authoritarian heavy handedness.

Maybe the Hua Hin authorities need to make an educational visit to Pattaya to pick up tips on how to make visitors feel welcome.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

So I wonder if they went up and down Phetkasem and made all the temporary noodle vendors move their carts and tables off the sidewalks and out of the street. :|
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

What good is a uniform; a badge; and 20,000 medals if you can't flaunt them? It not about restoring order or any such thing. It's simply a display of power to remind all Farang who is in charge, and maybe a gentle reminder to let everyone know that Hua-Hin will not follow in the footsteps of Pattaya.

Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

could also have something to do with someone being shot dead the other night
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

blue05 may well have a point.

In Bintabahts case I think it is a bit silly to force everyone into the bars.

It is against the law however as per this excerpt from a recent article.

"According to the Minister, the government enforced three new laws last year prohibiting sales and drinks of alcohol in three places, namely on pavement, roadside areas and public walkways,"

As for roadside stalls I have always been led to believe it is their right to sell on the street. No idea of any restrictions but there must be some I guess..

Crazy 88
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

I think Stickman posted that on Sukhumvit Road the late night street bars were closed down, but then business as usual the next night.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Us i would like to see the authorities managing the Binta with Speed bumps and gates that stop vehicle access at night allowing the soi to have tables and stools outside and a few food vendors in the mix.
A safer environment all round, three years ago some idiot on a moped nearly hit my pregnant Mrs
Kendo. :(
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

dtaai-maai wrote:
Lung Per wrote:Did you raise your concern with the appropriate authorities? Just curious.
It might just be an idea to get the farang bar owners together in some sort of formal cooperation initiative and establish a dialog with police executives, perhaps the mayor's office or other appropriate parties. Dialog may solve problems, confrontation will not. And certainly not in the middle of the night.

:thumb:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

LP

Think that has been tried before.

Thai logic prevails and if a new police chief wants to exert his authority he will. Mega tea money is usually a way round.

Tourists? Who cares. They will go back to the hotel for a night sherbet and go home to their country soon.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lung Per wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:
It might just be an idea to get the farang bar owners together in some sort of formal cooperation initiative and establish a dialog with police executives, perhaps the mayor's office or other appropriate parties.
Terrific idea. Very innovative. I'm sure bar owners and businessmen who have been established in HH for the last 10-20 years will give it every consideration. :thumb:
This is the way
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

^

:duck:
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

It might just be an idea to get the farang bar owners together in some sort of formal cooperation initiative and establish a dialog with police executives, perhaps the mayor's office or other appropriate parties. [/quote]Terrific idea. Very innovative. I'm sure bar owners and businessmen who have been established in HH for the last 10-20 years will give it every consideration. :thumb:[/quote]

Sarcasm and rants here is not going to solve any problems. Sober up and think positive. :cheers: