Sports Bars?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
jason_recliner
Novice
Novice

Sports Bars?

Post by jason_recliner » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi everybody, I'll be in Hua Hin in March with the family on holidays. We're staying in the central area - can anybody recommend a good bar to catch some sports please? Football, F1, cricket...

Icy cold beers, tasty snacks, and big screens please!

:cheers:

sateeb
Ace
Ace

Re: Sports Bars?

Post by sateeb » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:15 pm

El Murphys is a good place to start, lots of screens and selection of draught beers. Decent food and children friendly.
"I've met some people — real people, okay?" Selina says of the voting public. "And let me tell you, a lot of them are fookin' idiots." Taken from Veep TV series

jason_recliner
Novice
Novice

Post by jason_recliner » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:17 pm

sateeb wrote:El Murphys is a good place to start, lots of screens and selection of draught beers. Decent food and children friendly.
Thanks - I'll check it out.

No kids (yet), the wife, my sister and I are taking Mum and Dad to celebrate Mum's 60th. But yeah, 'family friendly' is a must!

:laugh:

Dannie Boy
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Dannie Boy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:55 pm

jason_recliner wrote:
sateeb wrote:El Murphys is a good place to start, lots of screens and selection of draught beers. Decent food and children friendly.
Thanks - I'll check it out.

No kids (yet), the wife, my sister and I are taking Mum and Dad to celebrate Mum's 60th. But yeah, 'family friendly' is a must!

:laugh:
Johnnie Walker's bar is family friendly and normally has the sports channels on. Depending on what part of the month you are here, there is also a monthly quiz held there which is fairly popular with the expat crowd. :cheers:

MANCRED
Amateur
Amateur

Post by MANCRED » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:14 am

Soi 80, just can't remember the name but it's as you go on the soi as if you were coming from downtown, loads of screens and even small ones in front of the bar and they show fa cup football

jason_recliner
Novice
Novice

Post by jason_recliner » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:31 am

Thanks for the tip, Mancred.

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:44 am

MANCRED wrote:Soi 80, just can't remember the name but it's as you go on the soi as if you were coming from downtown, loads of screens and even small ones in front of the bar and they show fa cup football
Sports Lounge
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.