Music Room ?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
GlsgwMick
Rookie
Rookie

Music Room ?

Post by GlsgwMick »

Hi there,anyone help with local knowledge. I love watching the live bands in the bintabaht and surrounding areas,and also the Hilton.But I'm sure in my years of coming to HH I might have seen an ad for a place called the music room with live music ? I've never been there though and not sure I've even got the name right.But from my memory I'm sure it may exist.Anybody know of it and it's whereabouts or did I just imagine it after too many changs and a sore throat after croak-oaky.
lomuamart

Re: Music Room ?

Post by lomuamart »

You havn't imagined it. It's on the west side of Petchkasem Road heading north.
I can't remember exactly how far up but I'm sure north of HH hospital about 2-3 or so kms. It's a big place, open air. You can't really miss it if you're looking for it.
I used to go to the Music Room when it was on Soi 51. Incidently, that exact location has also turned into a live music place. The band are reasonable, especially after a few beers. They seem to do decent food as well. The band starts maybe around 9-10pm. At weekends you won't get a table after 8pm.
Edited
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I think it's more or less over the road from Index. As has already been said, it can get very busy, especially on weekends. It's owned by the same Thai lady own Hua-Hin Glass or one of the other main glass suppliers in the area.

If you can't get a seat their, try the Giant Pub/Restaurant a bit further north, on your right. I've also been told the Rich Bar comes alive at night but I can't say since I've never been there. Get Idea which is just next door to Giant used to have live bands, but I'm not sure if they still do.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
obiwan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by obiwan »

Yes its up there. No band on if their is football on the big screens. Good food and decent priced drinks
GlsgwMick
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GlsgwMick »

Thanks for all the advice.Rode down there this afternoon to locate it and its exactly where it should be,hahaha.Now all I have to do is locate a decent bar girl unlike the one last night that gave me the runaround and I still ended up outta pocket.Maybe I should take the expat route and avoid the bintabaht,mind you the London bar band were good as were the usual suspects in El Murphs.