Buddha Day(s) bars closed

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Big Boy

Re: Buddha Day(s) bars closed

Post by Big Boy »

Ricardo ShillyShally wrote:
Big Boy wrote:Even at Makro earlier the booze shelves had been cling filmed to prevent people taking it off the shelves.
Funny! :D A sign wouldn't suffice?
In the UK, before the booze laws changed, Tescos tills simply wouldn't allow alcohol to be checked out after 10.30pm. I suspect such a solution would not work here? :wink:
Big Boy wrote:Also extra security guards making sure nobody removed the cling film :?
Even funnier... :clap: :clap: :clap:
Apart from the fact I'd forgotten, and was trying to get a box of beer (for somebody else - my fridge was already full), I thought it was hillarious as well. I just wish I'd been there to watch them cling filming the shelves - that must have been well funny.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I have to say that one of the funniest things for me is seeing the uproar every time a Buddhist holiday comes along, and a bunch of desperate farang are left wandering forlornly around town with their tongues hanging out...

Does nobody use calendars any more? I can understand one-off tourists being a bit miffed, but anyone else really should know better!
This is the way
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Think most of the larger hotels will serve alcoholic beverages no matter what time on their own premises to cater for the tourists (of course assuming said tourist is staying at a slightly above-average hotel). Those based locally should know better.
Most of the minimarts - 7-11, Tescos etc have their registers lock out sales so if said staff don't have a work-around there is no sale. Unless, of course, you buy 4 cases at a time. Go figure.

As the Buddhist Lent is now upon us, the other half has decided to go veggie for the duration and I have been told to curb my beer intake.
วินเชนท์
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

No problem always have in the fridge and on stock if someone pop in. 8) 8)

:cheers: :cheers:
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

bsdk1960 wrote:No problem always have in the fridge and on stock if someone pop in. 8) 8)
Can you provide directions please..
:cheers:
GN.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Ginjaninja wrote:
bsdk1960 wrote:No problem always have in the fridge and on stock if someone pop in. 8) 8)
Can you provide directions please..
:cheers:
GN.
No problem if your have problems on next thai holiday my number is ; 555-5555555 :naughty:

:cheers: :cheers: