Where do Jazz/Blues Musicians Hang Out in HH ?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
cheapercharlie
Warning
Warning

Where do Jazz/Blues Musicians Hang Out in HH ?

Post by cheapercharlie »

Just to B.S. possibly jam etc.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Where do Jazz/Blues Musicians Hang Out in HH ?

Post by Pagey »

Try Souay Vista , Soi 94, on Friday and Saturday. The flyer they gave me last month states Dr Freds Blues Jam Band and asks 'please come jam with the band'. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
cheapercharlie
Warning
Warning

Post by cheapercharlie »

Freddy Lindquist ? The master of the Stratocaster !
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Be careful not to give the impression that you are in any way being paid, as the Thais are a bit hyper about farangs working without the requisite visa.

Probably best to avoid jamming outdoors, or with a band that's got a tip box on the floor..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

UT

Money or not working is still against the law without a work permit. Ask the owner of Fat Cat
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
cheapercharlie
Warning
Warning

Post by cheapercharlie »

Very good information. I am familiar with the situation here. I've been gone for four months and wanted to see if anything changed, good or bad: If you want a laugh; Google - Trip Advisor Fat Cats Hua Hin Miserable Owner:
I have played at 5 of the popular venues here, but I would hate to be deported. I sold everything back where home used to be ! I thought there might be a condo clubhouse where expats get together, somewhere. Did Nissa get Baan Chang back up... relocated? There's lots of talent floating around. Bored!
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

cheapercharlie wrote:Very good information. I am familiar with the situation here. I've been gone for four months and wanted to see if anything changed, good or bad: If you want a laugh; Google - Trip Advisor Fat Cats Hua Hin Miserable Owner:
I have played at 5 of the popular venues here, but I would hate to be deported. I sold everything back where home used to be ! I thought there might be a condo clubhouse where expats get together, somewhere. Did Nissa get Baan Chang back up... relocated? There's lots of talent floating around. Bored!
Nissa has stopped and at the moment has no intentions to start over again. Too much trouble with neighbors and uniforms. Great place though, I played there often during the past 5-6 years.
Ray's Place in Hua Hin is great for jams Mondays and Thursdays but - only in season, starting sometime in November. Ray also arranges the famous Jazz Train week-end excursions.

Fat Cat was sold last month. The owner, a good friend of mine, has opened a new place in Cha Am on the beach road. So far without music. When in Hua Hin he was not inclined to allow guests play due to wp restrictions.

Have fun.

:blues: PS: Which instrument do you play and what style?
:blues:
A friend is only one click away
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

https://www.facebook.com/thaiwaii.huahi ... ts&fref=ts

Thaiwaii use to be in Hua Hin but they moved south near Pak Nam Pran. They have live music and open jams quite a bit. I think Sundays are a big day. The link above is there Facebook page. If you need info you can contact Richard the owner through it. I have been a couple times and the set up is really nice and great food also. Its a very laid back atmosphere.