Good ales in HH bars?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
KCOJ

Good ales in HH bars?

Post by KCOJ »

Just arrived in HH a week or two back and looking for bars that sell good ales (as opposed to lagers). Spotted a few with Guinness on tap and a lot of English ciders but that seems about it. Thought I’d see a few Fuller’s labels around but not so far.

Came across La Birra (opp Cicada market) last week – truly great range available there – and would love to find more of the same, particularly the London Porter, so just wondering if any good ale drinkers might point me in the right direction.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Good ales in HH bars?

Post by HHTel »

Robin's Rest in Takiab and Tik's on Soi 112 do large bottles of London Pride and Porter. Excellent value.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

One of the forum sponsors, The Palm Bistro, usually has a good selection of English ales and cider, German beers, and American micro brewed beers.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

La Birra in Takiab (opposite Ciracda) do a large selection of bottled beers, at a premium price. Nothing on tap though.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

HHTel wrote:Robin's Rest in Takiab and Tik's on Soi 112 do large bottles of London Pride and Porter. Excellent value.
Where on Soi 112 is this restaurant located?
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Tiks is about 400 mtrs past the 7/11 going towards the floating market.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

sateeb wrote:Tiks is about 400 mtrs past the 7/11 going towards the floating market.
The same side of the road as 7/11 I presume, when the road starts to turn left and "the town ends". I think I have eaten there a few times but never noticed the name of the place.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Also the bar with the funny name upstairs from mcdonalds on soi 61 has London pride in bottles. .. maybe a few others. .. Central location so worth a look.
KCOJ

Post by KCOJ »

Thanks PBbeacher, found "the bar with the funny name" ... Rester Long ... London Pride was indeed on the drinks list, just not behind the bar :(

But many other good German and Belgian ales available so thanks for the recommendation and will definitely check out some of the other bars mentioned ... many thanks all.
KCOJ

Post by KCOJ »

HHTel thanks for your recc’s … checked out Tik’s the other night and yes they were familiar with London Pride and Porter but … “we no have now”

Will drop in to Robin’s Rest soon and hopefully better luck there.

Meantime I visited Le Bar Francais on Friday where they had the Scottish ale St. Andrew’s … nice drop. In chatting with the very amiable owner Joseph, seems he’s happy to order in a couple of Fuller’s labels so will keep an eye out for these.

Any further recommendations would be most welcome.
Le Bar Français

Post by Le Bar Français »

Le Bar Français, the corner of Poon Sook Road opposite Burger King, now has Fuller's London Pride, Fuller's London Porter, Bellhaven St. Andrew's Ale (Scotland), in addition to Erdinger White and Dark (Germany), in addition to a good assortment of Thai beers and Corona. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Le Bar Français

Also join us for gourmet Friday Wine Buffets, and pick up a remaining ticket (pay-in-advance) for NEW YEARS if you can! :) :) :)
Bitje
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bitje »

Mm...I'm going for the belgium beers mentioned befor. Anybody know if that's the only place with the belgium beers?
KCOJ

Post by KCOJ »

Bitje, there's also a good range of Belgian beers at Lost bar about 100m north of Cicada market and many more directly across the road at La Birra
Bitje
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bitje »

KCOJ wrote:Bitje, there's also a good range of Belgian beers at Lost bar about 100m north of Cicada market and many more directly across the road at La Birra
Great, thanks. I will pay them a visit in August :cheers: