Fire in Geronimo bar?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Fire in Geronimo bar?

Post by richard »

Just had a phone call from a reliable working girl source that there was a fire in Geronimo bar last night. Told that there were some injuries.

I know it's just hearsay but anybody out there substantiate it?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Re: Fire in Geronimo bar?

Post by Arlo »

Here are some pics from Facebook.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Heard from the owner of the bar next door (Flamingo) that it started about 5 am and a farang got trapped inside and had to break out. The fire nearly spread to the Flamingo

Interesting FB profile
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

That means there are. 4 BOBs (burnt out bars) in the area. M ore to come?
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

oakdale160 wrote:That means there are. 4 BOBs (burnt out bars) in the area. M ore to come?
Absolutely. More to come. But we don't now when, which, how or why. The whole area is a fire hazard.
:twisted:
A friend is only one click away
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Heard from the owner of the bar next door (Flamingo) that it started about 5 am and a farang got trapped inside and had to break out. The fire nearly spread to the Flamingo
What was a farang doing in there at 5 a.m. Is it also a guest house or have long time rooms?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

hhfarang wrote:
What was a farang doing in there at 5 a.m. Is it also a guest house or have long time rooms?
Nearly all bars (particularly on Poonsuk) have some sort of short time room but do not openly broadcast it as extra tea money is required from the MIB. The rooms are usually accommodation for some of the rsident girls but a pissed up farang with a fat wad at 2am in the morning is always well accommodated and the girls can always kip on the floor downstairs.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

is this place burnt to the ground or will it reopen?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

blue05 wrote:is this place burnt to the ground or will it reopen?
Depends on the Landlords long term plans :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I know the owner of this bar we will just call him M so's not to break the Ts and Cs he is a welsh man and an x soldier, can anyone tell me if he is ok as he lives above the bar.

Kendo. :shock:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Was that a picture of him in the FB link?
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Yes I think so as l am only looking at the pictures on an IPhone and it's not so clear the girl in the red shorts is his girlfriend.

Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

oakdale160 wrote:That means there are. 4 BOBs (burnt out bars) in the area. M ore to come?
A few years back the bars were busier and yet never any fires. Seems now that either re-furbished bars are not having the electrics done properly, hungry rats are getting to like the taste of wiring and smell of new paint or...................?

Seems odd that bars go and re-appear as a hotel or shops and as someone posted on another thread many tenants are feeling the financial pinch. Maybe I'm just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

kendo wrote:Yes I think so as l am only looking at the pictures on an IPhone and it's not so clear the girl in the red shorts is his girlfriend.

Yes it was 'M' and a lady who live upstairs I've been told
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

hhfarang wrote:
M, the owner of the bar lives or lived I should say upstairs. That is why there was a farang there at 5 am. It has nothing to do with a pissed up farang with a wad of cash. The guy had the bar for years and lived above it. Thanks again Richard for your insight on people who work and live in that area.