Bars shutting at 6pm?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
buksida

Re: Bars shutting at 6pm?

Post by buksida »

:offtopic: please start new threads on specific venues you want to discuss them, this one is about the closures due to local elections.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

You,re correct, but it was a lead on places that will be open tonight and tomorrow.
I just dislike watching sports with the shutters closed and lights low.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Just wondering...

Do the big hotels observe the Buddha days and election day bar closures?

Whilst the beer bars have zero political clout at a national level, the people who fund and build the luxury hotels are mostly well up the food chain in the Thai establishment.

Tourism being as important as it is, and this being the most obvious and needless spoiler to the trade, it would seem logical for the hotels to campaign to change the rules to exempt non-Thais from the restrictions.

If, on the other hand, the hotel bars remain open on these days, the beer bars have reasonable grounds for asking their local plod for a level playing field...
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

In previous years the bars in the 5 stars were all open. In the last 2 closures that was not the case and in at least one 5 star the guests were advised to stock up their mini bars as the hotel would not restock them on the affected days.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, a friend of mine was staying in one of them, I forget which, either the Hyatt or the Hilton for the election before the last one and they only did alcohol on room service.