Bars shutting at 6pm?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Re: Bars shutting at 6pm?

Post by Frank La Rue »

hhinner wrote:
Frank La Rue wrote:Now I am confused, are there elcetions in Hua Hin and why?
Senate elections. Advance voting tomorrow (for those unable to get to the real ones next week), with proper voting next Sunday, 30th.
So, next week is without drinks as well?

Sounds like there is a case for Orchid Palms Homes to incude Wince Cellar in their design offering. Maybe The View (Orchid Palms VII) is too late for that, but the next?
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Its a pain in the rectum, I agree, but hands up all those boys who were unable to get a beer to drink tonight. I thought so, nobody.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

kendo wrote:Up in the sticks of Issan we just drink beer out of tea mugs on special dry days and nobody gives a hoot. :D

Kendo. :cheers:
thats whats I have been doing for the last 6 hours here in HH whilst enjoying the football
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It must be a sign of getting old, but it never ceases to amaze me that whenever we have a 24 alcohol curfew, it appears that the end of the world has just happened.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

That's why I keep a well stocked bar and fridge at home!
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

Yes, if you can't survive 24 hours without a drink, you have a bigger problem... ;-)
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Probably more to do with the one and only chance during the week where some people (me included) get to go out and enjoy themselves with a beer or two.

In this case, with a closure next week also, your 24 hours turns into 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I was in a bar for b'fast, one that is central and always follows the rules, there was a sign that it would be serving alcohooool from 6 pm tonight.
Paul3456
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Paul3456 »

I am in Pattaya this weekend and it is business as usual over here. All bars open.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

oakdale160 wrote:I was in a bar for b'fast, one that is central and always follows the rules, there was a sign that it would be serving alcohooool from 6 pm tonight.
Much depends on the license. If they serve food and have the appropriate license they have a better chance of being exempt than just a straight boobs and beer bar
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

appleman_thai wrote:WTF. I'm in Hua Hin, it's trying to recover from a crap tourist season.
FYI, I've seen more tourist's in Hua Hin this year that any of the last 10 years I've lived here. As a local resident it's time to think about relocating. :blues:
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Just to boost tourism in this mad country all the bars are also going to be closed for 2 days from the 30th FFS!
Err..they have told us this is due to ANOTHER election taking place..! :banghead: :banghead:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Already been covered US. Do keep up!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

FYI. I was in MV today and the coffee shop was serving beer as usual. Went to another couple of bars and again no problem. Only when I went to the indian (soi 80) and was served beer in a paper cup that I remembered there was a problem!!! TIT
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

appleman_thai wrote: Cannot sell beer, today is an erection day (he meant election).
Considering that Thais find it difficult to pronounce the letter 'r' and instead use an 'l', I read to understand that you're just another Thai bashing sex tourist that got on his high chair because he couldn't get drunk and (as you mentioned) follow through with your 'cock chasing tail'. If you really wanted to have a beer, there are plenty of places away from the town center (and from the prostitutes... unforunately for some) that you can quench your thirst.
I give up. I'm going home!
Doubt that you will be missed much. The Thais don't respect us that much anyhow. Sex tourists 'chasing tail' they respect far less.