Dino's Hot Bar

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Dino's Hot Bar

Post by Lev »

Introducing our latest sponsor, Dino's Hot Bar located in the Hua Hin Grand Plaza, next to San Paolo Hospital.

http://www.huahinmedia.com/dinoshotbar.php

Please drop in if you're in the area!
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Dino's Hot Bar

Post by pdm3547 »

I paid a visit to the forum's illustrious sponsor last night, in the grand plaza.

Excellent food with a couple of beers came to just under 500bt for myself and my wife. Whilst I very pleased with this great value, the table next to me paid just 230bt for an absolute mountain of food and a bottle of whiskey. They were thai though :wink:

Dino's is heartily recommended.

(Edited with the correct location.... :roll: )
Last edited by pdm3547 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Dino's Hot Bar

Post by Pagey »

Dino's is not in Market Village........................................
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Pagey wrote:Dino's is not in Market Village........................................

Edited. Sorry. :cheers:
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Maybe the Thais also brought their own whisky which is common in restaurants in Thailand.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Pagey wrote:Maybe the Thais also brought their own whisky which is common in restaurants in Thailand.
How interesting you say that. I have thai friends up in Khao Lak who introduced me to this custom.

One night, they took me to a bar but we first stopped at a 7-11 to buy some whiskey (for them) and bourbon (for me). Not only was it acceptable to take your own alcohol, but it was also acceptable to walk to other tables and just, well, help yourself!

I've never done this without a thai being there, and I'm not sure whether it is acceptable for a faring to do this himself.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

pdm3547 wrote:it was also acceptable to walk to other tables and just, well, help yourself!

I've never done this without a thai being there, and I'm not sure whether it is acceptable for a faring to do this himself.
I'm not sure it's acceptable for Thai's to do this either. Are you sure that the Thai who you were with didn't already know a member of the other party?

I severely recommend you don't go around walking up to tables of Thais (or any nationality for that matter!) and helping yourself to their alcohol!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

What is aceeptable in Asia and even welcomed, is if there is no English menu to go to another table full of locals and point to dishes you wish to order. The locals will often offer you a taste of dishes that you have not chosen.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Pleng wrote:
pdm3547 wrote:it was also acceptable to walk to other tables and just, well, help yourself!

I severely recommend you don't go around walking up to tables of Thais (or any nationality for that matter!) and helping yourself to their alcohol!
Ha ha. God no!!

It must have been a custom of the region because it happened over many nights, with different people, Thai and Farang. I assumed it was just the done thing!
kgbking
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kgbking »

ill check it out!