Name of bar/restruant

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
leither69

Name of bar/restruant

Post by leither69 »

A few months ago I was at in sam roi yot with friends. On the way back we visited a cool bar with live music, seemed like people were encouraged to get up and jam? it was about 20 minutes or so drive (approx)heading generally back into hua hin. My mate told me an american guy owned it and had rock type bands regularly (also my friend spoke about legendary pizza?) I know little info, does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks

John
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Name of bar/restruant

Post by ste860 »

your talking about the thaiwai in praknam kram near .its down the road just before the bridge crossing the river ,they have a facebook page with contact details
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

^^ ste860 is correct. They actually have 2 stages, the main stage which does have open jams and mostly rock and blues but I have also seen a Thai girl up there doing classical guitar which was amazing and they had a Pink Floyd cover band in from Singapore a few weeks back and that was a great show. On the smaller stage is usually just a man and a guitar and really good mellow music.

I think they are open everyday but Mondays and the weekends are the busiest for sure. Sunday afternoons starting around 3pm are there Sunday jam sessions. Anyone who can play or sing is welcome. I think if you can play or sing you are welcome any day to get on stage but I always see on Facebook something for there Sunday afternoon jams.

Pizza is great there, the owner use to have a place on soi 80 so some people here may remember that bar (thaiwai) and the food.
leither69

Post by leither69 »

Thanks guys, spot on. :cheers: