Cigar and Wine bars in Hua Hin

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Bush-Hack
Amateur
Amateur

Cigar and Wine bars in Hua Hin

Post by Bush-Hack »

Hi ,
I am wondering if there are Wine bars / Cigar bars in Hua Hin?
I tried to Google places, came up with one bar only Le Vine? Wondering
if I need to stock up cigars and bring them over, or if there are places where
I can buy Cuban and Dominican Cigars and of course enjoy them with a good
bottle of red.
Appreciate any comments and tips in this matter.
cheers
B-H
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Cigar and Wine bars in Hua Hin

Post by migrant »

I always bring some over. I haven't found a good place to buy.

Bought some at Villa market, but low selection, high price and they don't have a humidor to store in so wasn't impressed.

There is a wine shop that also carries a few, on the main drag, but, again, no humidor so slightly dry.

I've seen the advertisement for Le Vine, but don't know if they carry cigars yet, their website doesn't list any.

Let me know what you find! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Isn't it illegal to smoke in enclosed bars in Thailand? Certainly that is what has killed the cigar bar in Europe, I'm not a smoker personally but there used to be a very pleasant one in Munich that I used to visit.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Ciigars? You are in Thailand.
:rasta:
A friend is only one click away
Bush-Hack
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bush-Hack »

migrant wrote:I always bring some over. I haven't found a good place to buy.

Bought some at Villa market, but low selection, high price and they don't have a humidor to store in so wasn't impressed.

There is a wine shop that also carries a few, on the main drag, but, again, no humidor so slightly dry.

I've seen the advertisement for Le Vine, but don't know if they carry cigars yet, their website doesn't list any.

Let me know what you find! :cheers:

Thanks, I will check out Le Bar Francais. Sorry when I was mistaken by the name Le Vine. Will let you know when I am in HH , hopefully I find a decent place. Cheers
Bush-Hack
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bush-Hack »

STEVE G wrote:Isn't it illegal to smoke in enclosed bars in Thailand? Certainly that is what has killed the cigar bar in Europe, I'm not a smoker personally but there used to be a very pleasant one in Munich that I used to visit.

I am not sure if it is legal to smoke a cigar in closed rooms.
I hoped to find some answers here. Anyway, I will check out the "Cigar - and Wine " offerings in HH soon and will keep this Forum up to date. if that's ok?

cheers
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

la grappa on ponsuk road used to have them ,not sure if they still do ,but could be worth a try
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Most of the big hotels, noteably the Intercontinental have cuban cigars, and may have a cigar/wine bar. A friend who used to live here who appreciated good cigars and single malt used to go there a lot. He also mentioned a couple of other places, one of which I think was a wine bar on Nebkahardt road, but I don't remember what the names were.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

STEVE G wrote:Isn't it illegal to smoke in enclosed bars in Thailand? Certainly that is what has killed the cigar bar in Europe, I'm not a smoker personally but there used to be a very pleasant one in Munich that I used to visit.
Point me to the enclosed bar in Hua Hin please!! It's too hot this time of year... I would love to find an enclosed bar with air conditioning...
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The inside bar at el- murphs, much too cold for me.
Tunafish
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Tunafish »

My understanding is, that acc. a law passed in May 2008, smoking is banned in ALL restaurants. Smoking is permitted if the restaurant has a designated smoking area.

Having said that, Mondo Vino (or is it Vino Mondo?) carries a good selection of cigars which are properly stored, together with a very good wine selection. Thailand is not a traditional cigar smoking country, so cigars
are expensive when compared with many other countries. Mondo Vino has a pleasant outdoor area where cigar smoking is permitted.