Hua Hin bars closing at midnight

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Hua Hin bars closing at midnight

Post by huahin4ever »

Currently in Bintabat and all bars closing down 12 am!
YNWA
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: No lifting of curfew!

Post by huahin4ever »

Well it may not have anything to do with the curfew, someone told me it has something to do with a new police chief coming to town!
YNWA
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: No lifting of curfew!

Post by bsdk1960 »

yeps seems like police want their territory back

:cheers: :cheers:
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin bars closing at midnight

Post by dalmatiandave »

Just enforcing the curfew quite rightly. If you are up for girly fun in Hua Hin then 12am is fine. I suppose the real drinkers are the ones peed off. Thankfully I hear Pattaya is open again for those who need an all night session. I am happy with the way things are here.
Were they not enforcing the curfew then?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

The curfew is lifted, this has something to do with the police in Hh. I guess it's the usual pissing contest between chiefs who want to have the power. This was told to me by a bar owner and a police officer in Bintabat last night.
YNWA
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

dalmatiandave wrote:Just enforcing the curfew quite rightly.
Curfew is over man
Onlychaam
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Onlychaam »

dalmatiandave wrote:If you are up for girly fun in Hua Hin then 12am is fine. I suppose the real drinkers are the ones peed off.
You're right for the girls, but you don't need to be a "real drinker" to be able to enjoy a night out with friends. After a day's work (say it's Friday), I like to chill out with friends, chat and havve something to eat, in a restaurant or at someone's place. When we go to Bintabat after, we usually don't hit the bars before 10 or 10.30 pm. I'm not a heavy drinker and two of my closest friends don't drink at all, but we like to change places, meet different people, play some pool. Midnight is just plain stupid, we're not 15 yo anymore.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

Pleng wrote:
Curfew is over man
See how it doesn't affect me, I didn't even know. I want to have fun then I just go to Pattaya or Angeles.

What was the official closing time before the curfew?

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

dalmatiandave wrote:
Pleng wrote:
Curfew is over man
See how it doesn't affect me, I didn't even know. I want to have fun then I just go to Pattaya or Angeles.

What was the official closing time before the curfew?

I thought 12 o'clock was the official closing time and extra time always ok providing tea money coughed up
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Why do so many drinkers start drinking late and then moan about midnight closing?

If you start your evening session with a sundowner at 6pm, you'll be adequately rat-arsed by midnight..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

dalmatiandave wrote:Just enforcing the curfew quite rightly. If you are up for girly fun in Hua Hin then 12am is fine. I suppose the real drinkers are the ones peed off. Thankfully I hear Pattaya is open again for those who need an all night session. I am happy with the way things are here.

you must be kidding,so because you don't fancy go out for a drink in HH it's ok they close at 12 am but it's ok they can open longer in other cities and if you go out your a real drinker or up for girl fun ?
I don't now about other people but im married and always go out with my wife.
Maybe you should cut down from what ever you use when you lift those weights,and not nag on other people.

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

UT

Not everyone has a nest lined up at midnight
:naughty:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Onlychaam
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Onlychaam »

uncle tom wrote:Why do so many drinkers start drinking late and then moan about midnight closing?
If you start your evening session with a sundowner at 6pm, you'll be adequately rat-arsed by midnight..
Well in my case at 6pm i'm hardly finished working, and in any case I still have the kids around (homework, shower, dinner, story bed telling...). Not everybody is 60+ and retired, even in HH/Cha-am. And it's not just about drinking, it's simply about having a good time with friends.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

bsdk1960 wrote:
dalmatiandave wrote:Just enforcing the curfew quite rightly. If you are up for girly fun in Hua Hin then 12am is fine. I suppose the real drinkers are the ones peed off. Thankfully I hear Pattaya is open again for those who need an all night session. I am happy with the way things are here.

you must be kidding,so because you don't fancy go out for a drink in HH it's ok they close at 12 am but it's ok they can open longer in other cities and if you go out your a real drinker or up for girl fun ?
I don't now about other people but im married and always go out with my wife.
Maybe you should cut down from what ever you use when you lift those weights,and not nag on other people.

I am not kidding, why would I, I had my fill of Pattaya for 10 years and came to Hua Hin because it offers me a better quality of life away from a 24 hour city that is really only worth visiting as a tourist or unless you want to sit in bars for 24 hours. Bintibaht and Soi 80 offer me enough nightlife in this town if I needed a drink with mates and a 12 o'clock finish is fine for me. If it is not for you then fine and I respect that, if you need to be out after midnight or carrying on drinking then that is up to you, do you really think my comments are anything other than personal to me, they are just that. Maybe what I am saying is that as the bars close near enough no later than 1am or 2am what is the issue. I go out with my girlfriend and I have great nights around town but I just go out at 7-8pm and have a good night and happy to be kicked out of a bar at midnight, that's all.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I'm not a football fan myself but I know a lot of people are and I believe the majority of the world cup will be after midnight Thai time. Watching soccer late at night in bars is a very popular activity for Thais as well as expats.