Hua Hin bars closing at midnight

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin bars closing at midnight

Post by uncle tom »

As is fairly well known, I am not retired, drink like a fish and am holier than no-one.

The 'stuck records' are the people who keep complaining about bar closing times because they don't seem to have the nouse to start drinking a bit earlier!
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ Yeah, start at noon like I do and you'll be asleep by dark! :P :neener: :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I am a pensioner but still occasionally hit the early hours out for a brew or two plus some lusting but whether you are young old or a grumpy you must realise the profile of HH residents and visitors has changed.

The feedback I get from the bar owners I know (and I know quite a few) is that after a certain hour (1 to 2pm) trade has diminished to a point where it is no longer profitable to stay open.

Any road up. There are lots of places in HH you can drink all night and day if you know where to go
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

IMHO bars and nightclubs should be allowed to operate 24 hours if they choose to do so, and customers can come and go whenever it suits each individual.
YNWA
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

huahin4ever wrote:IMHO bars and nightclubs should be allowed to operate 24 hours if they choose to do so, and customers can come and go whenever it suits each individual.
They have went down this road in the UK and it has been public order disaster.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

dundrillin wrote:
huahin4ever wrote:IMHO bars and nightclubs should be allowed to operate 24 hours if they choose to do so, and customers can come and go whenever it suits each individual.
They have went down this road in the UK and it has been public order disaster.
That's because the UK is full of yobs; here where I work in Europe many bars stay open until three at the weekend without any bother whatsoever.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

The feedback I get from the bar owners I know (and I know quite a few) is that after a certain hour (1 to 2pm) trade has diminished to a point where it is no longer profitable to stay open.
Not just the bar owners - the girls don't like late nights either.

For the girls, after 1a.m. is when the scary stuff happens - be it drunken tourists, or whisky fuelled Thai men with a score to settle..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

uncle tom wrote:The 'stuck records' are the people who keep complaining about bar closing times because they don't seem to have the nouse to start drinking a bit earlier!
Or maybe we are the ones that want things to go back to NORMAL, you know, like the rest of the country and the way Hua Hin used to be before they changed the closing hours. Again, seeing as you simply don't get it (Don't worry, you are not the only one) staying open till 2am is the norm in Hua Hin, I used to enjoy going to the Cat Bar/Karaoke area before, you can meet some nice people in that area, be it 3, 4 or 5am in the morning, when you are fast asleep there are still people wanting to have fun. I used to start my night at 11pm knowing it would be a late one.

I was in the Hilton Sat night at 2.30am, hundreds of people, young and old, having fun, dancing, drinking.. enjoying themselves. Maybe they all should be told to start a few hours earlier too and they would not have ended up at the Hilton ? Again, please understand its not a solution to start drinking early, some people WANT to be out at 3am, 4am, have you ever been to the area around Cat bar at that time, its jam packed and allot of fun. Now its just a few bars with no music, dark, servers giving you drinks that you are supposed to hide between your legs when the police come by...certainly not what it used to be.

For some reason you cannot comprehend why people want to be out till 2am and after, I really cannot understand why..
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Never mind, at least it means we can keep on hearing the same old argument time after time.
This is the way
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

dtaai-maai wrote:Never mind, at least it means we can keep on hearing the same old argument time after time.

Is it really an argument if people are simply asking for things to return to normal ? The way it used to be, I really don't think its too much to ask for.. All it's really doing is hurting business, but if you don't own a bar/club then why would you really care about that..
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I was referring to both sides of the argument, but the last thing I wanted to do was prolong it.
This is the way
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

dtaai-maai wrote:I was referring to both sides of the argument, but the last thing I wanted to do was prolong it.

Agreed, enough said. I think we have beaten the subject to death at this point in time!!

:banghead: :thanks:
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

Let’s wait and see what happens once martial law is lifted, until then adjust your social life accordingly.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Jumusman.
Forget it, you can get through these thick headed old, men who forgot how it was to be young and having fun,they are to busy making grosseri list for the next day,and don't care about other peoples
buisnes,maybe they hope all the bar areas will be change to new shopping malls so they can get away from their loving wifes an hour more :guns: :guns:
And if the marterial art have to wait to be lifted for the election in ocktober next year you will se
many bar must close,I think.

:cheers: :cheers:
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

bsdk1960 wrote:Jumusman.
Forget it, you can get through these thick headed old, men who forgot how it was to be young and having fun,they are to busy making grosseri list for the next day,and don't care about other peoples
buisnes,maybe they hope all the bar areas will be change to new shopping malls so they can get away from their loving wifes an hour more :guns: :guns:
And if the marterial art have to wait to be lifted for the election in ocktober next year you will se
many bar must close,I think.

:cheers: :cheers:
bsdk1960, Maybe a little harsh mate! I agree that for me, on occasions, 12:00 midnight is too early but it is what it is and you can fight it as much as you like but we don't make or influence the laws or rules. Roll with the punches. It's probably one of the regulations that stops Hua Hin from becoming another Pattaya. (God forbid that happening) :cheers:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain