Hua Hin bars closing at midnight

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin bars closing at midnight

Post by dalmatiandave »

jumusman wrote:
dalmatiandave wrote:
jumusman wrote:I don't need anyone's sympathy, certainly not what I am looking for, especially the sarcastic kind you are providing. My point, which you obviously didn't get, was that not everybody can be stereotyped to fit into the neat little box you created. You think everyone that isn't in bed by midnight with their dentures in a glass beside their bed side is obviously a Pattaya type all night mongering alcoholic I guess! What possible other reason would anyone want to be out past 12am right ????

I am saying there are other people out there that appreciate the men in blue abiding by the recent lift of the curfew and following the wishes of the law that have been layed down from a higher place that now it's ok for a bar to be open till 2am.

Just because it does not affect your lifestyle it can affect others. As a few have mentioned before the World Cup is coming up and being the most watched sporting event in the world I am sure there are many people who would like to be sitting inside a bar after midnight with their fellow country men and a beer in hand cheering on their countries team...There is a certain solidarity in that..

Maybe the solution is we all can come over to your place after midnight seeing as it does not affect you, and watch the games there. Hope that's ok with you...
Christ I am sorry that I gave the impression of giving sympathy, what was I thinking!

Sorry your point about the World Cup is what.. did I not confirm that I understand that people want to watch the world cup, so sorry did you miss that comment. For me yes, the world cup is important but again this is Thailand!

I think you are taking this a little bit too serious. I couldn't have thought for a minute how my comments (just comments) could have instilled such an OTT reaction from somebody who tries to purvey that they are a normal citizen of Hua Hin. I am sorry that I touched a nerve which is what it appears to be, could I be wrong, could I care! I am flattered that my comments have instilled such a reaction. I have the right to comment as I feel fit, sorry that doesn't work out with your view on things. You seem happy to have a drink with your wife at any time, what is the issue, why the toys out of the pram. Get a life, deal with it, do I mean that much to you that you have to tell me that you will not base your life on mine, sweet!
I was having a few beers tonight with my friend at my house and this bloody smart phone kept on telling me I had a message on Hua Hin forum that was begging to be answered. It was an inconvenience as I was sure that at gone 9.30pm most people in Hua Hin would be drinking as much as they could before the authorities wound up the evening.

I am sure you are a smart guy with a lovely wife but why get so intense about something that really is not even a conversation piece. I have an opinion, I agree it is not yours but I still have the right to an opinion. If my opinion is not accepted on this forum I will refrain from posting. Would that keep you happy or would that just give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside!

Your opinion is accepted, this is a forum! all you see is opinions. Just don't be such a baby when someone has a difference of opinion with yours, learn to accept criticism, at times people won't agree with your viewpoint, not everyone lives in the same bubble as you do....such is life.
Can I ask what this bubble is?, you appear to like bubbles. I am very happy to accept criticism, it is part of normal chit chat, I just haven't seen much on this thread except from you. I think you personally do have an issue with my opinion because it seems to galvanise you into continuing this ongoing banter. I am actually worried that you are eating into your valued drinking time before the BIB ask you to vacate the premises. Continue the banter by all means and I will reply tomorrow, way past my bedtime and I dont want the boys in blue slapping you on the arse cos you are out late.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

I was at a Bday party on Soi 80 just now and a couple of the BIB came by and suggested we close down/slow down.

They sure look stupid riding double on a bike don't they?

Some lights were dimmed. The party carries on.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Christ I am sorry that I gave the impression of giving sympathy, what was I thinking!

Sorry your point about the World Cup is what.. did I not confirm that I understand that people want to watch the world cup, so sorry did you miss that comment. For me yes, the world cup is important but again this is Thailand!

I think you are taking this a little bit too serious. I couldn't have thought for a minute how my comments (just comments) could have instilled such an OTT reaction from somebody who tries to purvey that they are a normal citizen of Hua Hin. I am sorry that I touched a nerve which is what it appears to be, could I be wrong, could I care! I am flattered that my comments have instilled such a reaction. I have the right to comment as I feel fit, sorry that doesn't work out with your view on things. You seem happy to have a drink with your wife at any time, what is the issue, why the toys out of the pram. Get a life, deal with it, do I mean that much to you that you have to tell me that you will not base your life on mine, sweet!
I was having a few beers tonight with my friend at my house and this bloody smart phone kept on telling me I had a message on Hua Hin forum that was begging to be answered. It was an inconvenience as I was sure that at gone 9.30pm most people in Hua Hin would be drinking as much as they could before the authorities wound up the evening.

I am sure you are a smart guy with a lovely wife but why get so intense about something that really is not even a conversation piece. I have an opinion, I agree it is not yours but I still have the right to an opinion. If my opinion is not accepted on this forum I will refrain from posting. Would that keep you happy or would that just give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside![/quote]

Your opinion is accepted, this is a forum! all you see is opinions. Just don't be such a baby when someone has a difference of opinion with yours, learn to accept criticism, at times people won't agree with your viewpoint, not everyone lives in the same bubble as you do....such is life.[/quote]

Can I ask what this bubble is?, you appear to like bubbles. I am very happy to accept criticism, it is part of normal chit chat, I just haven't seen much on this thread except from you. I think you personally do have an issue with my opinion because it seems to galvanise you into continuing this ongoing banter. I am actually worried that you are eating into your valued drinking time before the BIB ask you to vacate the premises. Continue the banter by all means and I will reply tomorrow, way past my bedtime and I dont want the boys in blue slapping you on the arse cos you are out late.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk[/quote]

That was actually my first thought, what the heck is a village elder doing up at 1.15am in the morning! The bars closed at 12 again tonight so you are obviously not there, just the Pattaya gang.. it's 3 hours past your bedtime just make sure you have taken the correct dosage of your heart medication and you have enough arthritis cream to make it through the next few days. If not, when you wake up at 5am like you usually do and put it on your shopping list for when Tesco/Lotus opens up first thing in the morning!!
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Isn't the E v Italy game on at 5am, if so its a difficult choice --- stay up late or get up early.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Curfew?

Post by pdm3547 »

I understand the curfew has been lifted in HH district. Can any locals confirm?
PeteC

Re: Curfew?

Post by PeteC »

Yes, and some other places as well. Your post will be moved to the below later this morning.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=27114
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Very true, a game is a game. Scoring goals can be show in any language!
Especially when you have to wait a long time watching those goats run in circles between scores! :P
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

[Mod Edit]

You have made a very serious allegation. If you are certain of your fact, and wish to post such a statement, please contact Admin first to provide your contact details. Such deformation of character is taken very seriously in Thailand, and the forum needs to protect itself in the event of the accused being offended.
RAGE_715

Post by RAGE_715 »

on Saturday night, the curfew was supposed to have been lifted but my husband and everyone else were ousted from Mai Tai, as the police turned up. The staff just closed up and left.

Last night, shortly after midnight, the police again turned up at another bar we were at, and the staff quickly asked everyone to drink up.

I think the police are just using the defunct curfew rules, to have early nights.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

RAGE_715 wrote:on Saturday night, the curfew was supposed to have been lifted but my husband and everyone else were ousted from Mai Tai, as the police turned up. The staff just closed up and left.

Last night, shortly after midnight, the police again turned up at another bar we were at, and the staff quickly asked everyone to drink up.

I think the police are just using the defunct curfew rules, to have early nights.
Re-asserting their local authority to save face maybe before the inevitable tea money hours are restored
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

In this low season many bars are happy to close at midnight, their late night clientele being two drunks nursing their last beer.
londongeorge

Post by londongeorge »

I don't like to drink in the daytime and normally don't go out until about 10 P.M. So when it was 2 O'clock closing it was fine for me. I just like to have a few beers with my wife and watch some sports without being deafened by loud hip hop music or karaoke.
One problem I do have is finding a bar that has consistently cold beer. Most of them have lukewarm beer or want you to put ice in it which I hate. Where can I get cold ones?
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

The bars have to close at midnight. But at what time in the morning a bar can open? Are there any rules? Can they open at 5 a.m. to show football?
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

If they are still enforcing the curfew and if the game is at 5.00am, there should be no problem as the curfew ends at 5.00am. Bar should be able to open then surely
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

pitsch wrote:The bars have to close at midnight. But at what time in the morning a bar can open? Are there any rules? Can they open at 5 a.m. to show football?
One would hope they can open at anytime and I am sure many do. Wonder though about licensing laws as to operate a bar I would presume the license stipulates the opening times allowed at that establishment. Maybe a bar owner could offer correct info there.

I do know during the 'big c' in Pattaya many of the go gos (normally opening after 7pm) were opening at 3pm but were being hassled and forced to close and reopen at 6pm or later which I believe their licenses allowed. I presume a go go like TQ1 and a few others which normally open in the afternoon had a license specific to those opening times.